028NVD

I made my own fish food for the 1st time

So today i decided to try a d make my own cichlid food, as it was my 1st time i only used ingredients i had in hand.

I used:

Aqua one pellet

Boiled and blended peas

A few blocks of blood worms

Added some hot water and mixed/mashed everything up in a bowl til it was all mushy, then i put it in a zip lock back and popped it in the freezer, its frozen now and im about to see if they'll eat it. I'll let ya's know how it goes! And tomorrow im goin shopping to buy other ingredients :D

good stuff... depending on the fish, i find the simpler (least) ingredients the more they eat it. the first batch i made i added about 15 ingredients and it must have tasted horrible, they barely touched it.

add garlic and spirulina, fresh peeled prawns.. .lots of different options.

I use agar agar to hold it together, but then I usually make for africans.

vitaminC, spirulina powder, a raw egg, paprika,crushed calcium tablet, blended duckweed....... just some of my favourite secret ingredients.

Another thing I like to do is add whole earthworms to the mix AFTER it has been blended. Bit of a surprise for the fish lol

I make my own and the fish absoloutly thrive off it. I use beef heart, spinach, peas, fish fillet, prawns, garlic and a good pellet plus gelatin to hold it together.

ive never seen a discus nor an angel or heard of any other fish , jumping outa the water to a beasts heart ??? nor in the water , jack watley n schmidt folke used beef heart in the pioneer days of discus , it was found to have a great growth rate , but fish did die early , from fat build up , its printed in txt in books n by lab findings via ortopsies, not recomended , cheap n nasty , but each to their own , todays food on the market u dont need nor should use beef heart unless the fish are true carnivores n then in very modest amounts , u can make your own fresh water marinara mix, beets beef heart, they eat it in the wild n the rest is up to you