dditt

2 Male Peacock Bass Flaring up!

thanks... not quite mate, just on 20cm at the moment... this guy is really coming into his own... little hump starting to protrude and colouring up beautifully.

Of my 4 larger bass (all 20cm) it looks like i've got two female and two male :D

these guys are all in my new 6x3x2.5

build thread is here with full tank shots: http://www.qldaf.com/forums/product-diy-technical-discussion-11/dditt-cos-6x3x2-5-build-load-warning-51146/

took about 8 minutes to get from 2cm to 20cm lol... seriously quick growing these guys...

here's a pic of them a couple days after i bought them - 13th of April the photo was taken, so 6 months to get from 2-3cm to 20cm.

IMG_0039.jpg

And this is them when Brent took some photos a few months ago (around July i think) they were about 13-14cm at this stage... this is when they started to colour up:

CLICK ME:

th_IMG_3198c.jpg

Yes they grow fast ! All mine are around 8-10 cm from 3-4 cm about a 6 weeks ago waiting for them to start coloring up ! Looking forward to picking out 4-5 to eventually go in a 8-10 ft in the new year. Yours look sweet mate & super nice tank set up cheers

Trev

thanks... not quite mate, just on 20cm at the moment... this guy is really coming into his own... little hump starting to protrude and colouring up beautifully.

Of my 4 larger bass (all 20cm) it looks like i've got two female and two male :D

Lucky bugger. Are they happy in a 6x3 or are you planning on going bigger?

haha cheers bud...

Yeah they seem extremely happy... Saums are showing breeding signs again and haven't seen the bass this active at all so i think they will be fine as long as i thin out the stock list as they grow...

If they do out grow the tank though I have the 8x4x2 right next to it they can jump into :)