mickyd

gin yang x trimac????

hi guys i have a female gin yang and male trimac that have been breeding like rabbits and i had a batch of fry earleir today but my tank cracked while i was out and when i got home i found a whole bunch of crispys my question is ...has anyone breed these two before ??? if anyone has can you post a pic so i can see what they would kinda look like

cheers mickyd

Gin yang? What's a gin yang? Flower horn? Golden base? Jin kang? If it is, I'm no expert by any means but I think that's what would result is low grade flower horns. Using a trimac is a big step backward in flowerhorn progression they were defiantly used to help create them, but why go backwards..

Lol that is pretty controversial Kev ..coming from somebody that was breeding and selling flowerhorn not long ago. And I agree with Jester breeding anything is fun and generally satisfying it probably won't matter what you make you will probably love them because they were bred by you! It's all good fun as long as if or when you try to sell them the buyer is told exactly what they are buying...

Lol that is pretty controversial Kev ..coming from somebody that was breeding and selling flowerhorn not long ago.

Yeah mate. It was tongue in cheek. Considering how few species Aussies have to work with, due to restrictions and import bans, I don't mind anyone having a crack at something new, as long as it isn't released into the wild where it can do damage. I suppose one could argue that it does damage in captivity by way of "dilution" but that's a whole new can of worms.

Do you meen Jin kang ?? If crossed with a trimac it would be called a low grade ZZ

I love the trimac cichlid there getting hard to find a true breed trimac.

I love flowerhorns but don't cross the 2 please it's just not worth it man you will only get shit.

And will get a ear full on here .. Keep it real to many Flowerhorn crosses out there

ok ill get a pic of my gin yang or jin kang and let you all decide :) might just be a case of chinese wispers.....and for the trimac ill put a pic up and you all can let me know what you think of him shit/good or what ever

cheers mickyd

really have not noticed a change in him had him for a while now he was almost black when i got him but goes a nice shade of red and green from time to time and wow my jk and your flame backs are almost twins hmmm beautiful fish btw

All faders will fade you pic is a Jin kang and a nice one at that .. Purple flame is a name a breeder in brissy put on a JIn kang cross a few years ago . Blade your girl is nice aswell .

For the trimac he is a nice fish man find a female for him and breed true trimacs

Edited by fernando