i used 3mm black acrylic and a couple of doubles sided tape tabs that way if i wanna change i can or sell the tank....

cheaper option would maybe spray paint a sheet of some kind i think you can buy like a 3mm mdf sheet with one side laminated white from bunnings

or definetly at a kitchen place.... kitchen place prob have black and cut to size for a sixpack

peace

whats so hard about it? paint it with waterbased enamel and you can wipe it off with thinners if you want to take it off... but chances are if you goto sell it, the next owner will want it black anyway.

And use a roller, not spray paint, you will get a thicker cover which gives a neater appearance and deeper black :)

oh ok sweet thanks heaps ill have to do that

whats so hard about it? paint it with waterbased enamel and you can wipe it off with thinners if you want to take it off... but chances are if you goto sell it, the next owner will want it black anyway.

And use a roller, not spray paint, you will get a thicker cover which gives a neater appearance and deeper black :)

We carry ones that are bright blue on one side, glossy black on the other. Wipe the back of your tank with a damp cloth, lay it down and use tape to hold it on the corners. Depending on the height it may cost you about $10 or so for a 4foot tank. When you get tired of it pull it off. Its no different to the ones that have photos on them these are just solid colours

Gloss paints don't hold as well to glass so u have to be pedantic with ur application and any runs or imperfections show up very easily where as u don't get those problems with matt

If u can get past those issues I think the final result would be very similar

Edited by dditt

Just get a roll of black poly from Bunnings, the type for keeping weeds down. Tape it to the back at regular intervals to keep it flush to the glass. If you want matt, get some cloth from spotlight. I never paint a back in case I want a change.

kev

if you paint matt or satin finish paint onto glass and look through the reverse side (paint the back and look through the front) it will look gloss

so paint finish shouln'd be a problem just get a good brand cause it will require less coats.

peace