Fish Junkie

Great things for the hobby NOT

it reduces the purity of that species

e.g they breed have a massive batch and are then on sold and those fry breed again and so on..... Still being labelled as whatever species they were, but they're not, and that's bad for the hobby.

i look at it much the way of dogs. you wouldn't go buy a pure english staffy to cross breed it with a pure great dane......would you? i understand the hybrid market and keep a couple myself....but without the intention to create a new spp. or line breed an allready mostly accepted one like say flowerhorn or red texas, why make new mongrel spp. ? plenty of noobs to the hobby only seem interested in creating dead set sh!t. i breed many pure american spp. and the amount of times i have gone over to people places for pure fish only to find a blue and green texas pair with fry for sale or a white suam and gold suam pair the same way.

sounds like a rant but its really more of a "are you peeps edumacated?".................. knowledge is key to cichlids........not 2 fish in a puddle and lets see what is produced. funny world we live in really but i know what i keep and am happy with the purity of what i sell. kinda wish there were more "trustworthy" peeps around but as with most hybrid mongrels they are originaly sold as an X but when they resemble one parent more then the other, they re enter the market as "pure" :lol:

kinda wish there were more "trustworthy" peeps around but as with most hybrid mongrels they are originaly sold as an X but when they resemble one parent more then the other, they re enter the market as "pure"

problem is with most crosses they dont look as good as their parents.

But then I cant really talk as I do love my tangerine and ob peacocks.

But then to me they are difficult to mistake for a pure blood fish.

I will always breed pure fish and if you

Think breeding salvini and convicts are

Cool. Maybe snakes or birds are for you

Cause your doing nothing positive for

The fish hobby IMO

FJ

never said it was cool why don't try getting off your high horse mate you act like your shit don't stink. your word isn't the be all end all

Dont like hybrids? then GTFO of the hybrid section

With you mate I breed

Flowerhorns , red Texas, gold Texas blood parrots and even short body fish ...but this is bull shit man

Salvinis are 1of the best looking Americans around and hard to find why cross them?????

never said it was cool why don't try getting off your high horse mate you act like your shit don't stink. your word isn't the be all end all

Did I quote you ?

So was I talking about you ?

Maybe you need a chill pill ?

In a few years time all you will find

In shops is deformed mong fish

And if I want to get on my high

Horse about that that's up to me

FJ

Geez there some clowns on here, the problem is, he is selling the mutants in the first place.

Whether he is selling them 'as' hybrids or not, what's the difference between him and the next bloke that breeds and sells em? Nothing, the point is they shouldnt be on-sold, they can be kept and admired by whoever breeds em or used as feeders, but as soon as he sells them, that's the possible start of the snowball effect... Not good for the hobby at all...

personally i think your all a bunch whinging bitche$. the best thing to do is not to buy them! im not a big fan of hybrids but i love FH's and parrots. sure its throwing sh!t fish into the hobby but if your educated enough in the hobby and know what a good qaulity fish is then share the knowledge around to others so they dont buy sh!t qaulity either. the less people buy em the less chance they have on getting out

personally i think your all a bunch whinging bitche$. the best thing to do is not to buy them! im not a big fan of hybrids but i love FH's and parrots. sure its throwing sh!t fish into the hobby but if your educated enough in the hobby and know what a good qaulity fish is then share the knowledge around to others so they dont buy sh!t qaulity either. the less people buy em the less chance they have on getting out

I think theres a huge difference between 2/3 line bred fish that had the best young bred again and again until it looked like

some of the stunning FH you can get today and 2 fish chucked in a tank and bred and sold as x breeds ?

If your educated enough great but what if your not ? Some will make it out there and get bred with a pure fish

Id love to buy them all just to make sure they dont get into peoples homes but he will only breed more

the education should start with the breeder who x bred them in the first place

FJ