bidkev

sometimes it works.............sometimes it doesn't

Left a dozen dovii juvies in with the parents hoping it'd stall their next spawn.............no such luck. Lots of wood in the tank so little light to work with. The female went almost black, unlike before when she went bright yellow. I think it was because she was angry that she had to chase the juvies away. Anyway, last time I looked, the male was eating 'em and only two left

spawn0009.jpg

spawn0005.jpg

spawn0003.jpg

spawn0001.jpg

How many actually survive from a mass spawn like that?

FIIK what I'd do with all the fry lol

I've found with both dovii and texas, practically all of 'em which is why I didn't want 'em to spawn again. You would think nature had a plan? ie lots of eggs because of the mortality but I've found the opposite with some cichlids such as multispinosa.............the lower the lay, the higher the mortality. Festae seem true to nature's plan..................thousands of eggs but not a high survival rate of fry..........(my experience)

talk about neat! that girl must be obsessive compulsive, that's like a perfectly laid blanket of eggs lol...

Good work.

yeah amazing! Not one egg I can see on the surrounds. She's managed to get every egg on the slate, utilising all the space right up to the edges

They're 2 to 3cms Cav. Grow at an amazing rate as you know, and are probably sellable due to how tough they are, but I'd rather get 'em a bit bigger first. probably a couple of weeks..............feeding 6 times a day and 50% water change every two days