sarah1234

My outdoor hairgrass :)

Had a ball today messing around with all my plants outside, including my aquatic plants. Trimmed my favourite carpet of it that I'm growing atm right back and chucked some ferts in. Looking lush and totally fantastic imo.

Just wanted to share. Grown in dirt with occassional ferts if I feel like it. Will be going into my betta macrostoma tank when my tank builder gets off his ass and builds it. I kept the clippings together as a measure of growth. I filled an entire container with them. Was pretty happy with myself.

snakeandspring008.jpg

snakeandspring009.jpg

snakeandspring010.jpg

snakeandspring013.jpg

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

dam hairgrass.

looks so good

its apparantly so easy

but bloody 'eck I have killed a lot of it!

Thats all been grown totally submersed tho right?

beautiful

you'd just need to plonk in a good rock, top up the water, clean the glass, add some cardinals..... and boom instant fancy pants planted tank.

very nice! cant wait to see the tank all set up :D

where are you getting your Macro's from?

I'm very exited about setting this tank up Beaker. Got the lights, some plants, substrate sorted. Just waiting on the actual tank so I can deck it out.

Macs are coming from pet city, I've wanted the pair that was in there since they arrived! Female sold but I'm going to buy the pair as soon as the next lot comes in. Very exiting.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

dam hairgrass.

looks so good

its apparantly so easy

but bloody 'eck I have killed a lot of it!

Thats all been grown totally submersed tho right?

beautiful

you'd just need to plonk in a good rock, top up the water, clean the glass, add some cardinals..... and boom instant fancy pants planted tank.

Haha yep your right Donny best way to grow tonnes of the stuff is to grow it out of the water. Cross fingers i can maintain it indoors, it doens't need to grow fast just needs to stay alive and happy for me and look pretty. I agree with you on the fancy tank thing, I have tonnes of rocks and d/wood. I once bought 100 cardinals once and had my discus eat all of them! So might need someone to hold ma hand before I go buying them again.

or hold you back from doing so

with an unbreakable head lock lol

maybe go dwarf neon blue rainbows next time?

I do have a fondness for gertrudae rainbows, though have never seen them avail or in person. The macs will be in their tank alone, will be setting up a slightly higher tech 18 inch cube so cardinals or rainbows of some sort will probably go in that. A headlock will be necessary if i spot any other fish i want in the store. its a dangerous place to visit.