bjc90

Who uses K1 filter media?

Just want to see who uses it and how much do you use, what bio load what size tank and air pump etc and just generally how you are finding it. Also say you have 50L of K1 how big is the space it is in like I use 50L in my sump which is 100L so it freely moves around :) I am basically wanting this info so I know whether to focus the sump design more so on K1 or matrix.

Thanks!

What ever volume your compartment for K1 is, use 50% of that volume in K1:)

I have a 4x18x18 tank attached to an existing 3ft sump.

The tank volume is approximately 250L, so I got 100L K1:)

For every 50L K1 you use, that amount can handle 250 grams of feed per day, once it matures:)

I use 100l of k1 in a 200lt blue drum which then flows into a 6x2 sump, in another i have the same into a 6x18 sump, both sumps also have 20l of matrix and various media. The first runs 12 tanks of various, 2nd runs my ray tank. Great stuff, I run a couple of airstones out of a lp100 to keep it moving

I also use 100L of K1 in a 200lt blue drum wich then goes through a 5ft sump which has scorio and bio balls....plus it goes through 2 filter socks....It runs one tank......8x2.5x2.5...the whole lot is airated by an lp60....sump and k1...

I also use 100L of K1 in a 200lt blue drum wich then goes through a 5ft sump which has scorio and bio balls....plus it goes through 2 filter socks....It runs one tank......8x2.5x2.5...the whole lot is airated by an lp60....sump and k1...
I use 100l of k1 in a 200lt blue drum which then flows into a 6x2 sump, in another i have the same into a 6x18 sump, both sumps also have 20l of matrix and various media. The first runs 12 tanks of various, 2nd runs my ray tank. Great stuff, I run a couple of airstones out of a lp100 to keep it moving
What ever volume your compartment for K1 is, use 50% of that volume in K1:)

I have a 4x18x18 tank attached to an existing 3ft sump.

The tank volume is approximately 250L, so I got 100L K1:)

For every 50L K1 you use, that amount can handle 250 grams of feed per day, once it matures:)

that sump i posted is about 2 x 1 x 16 has 25 liters in it but could do with another 10/15 liters. once k1 mature you can ad more and more till its pretty full off k1

same filter 3 months later

ah wow so everyone seems to have quite alot of K1 running. how does everyone find it? better than a standalone sump?