Hennessy

CLeaning coral

Whats the best way to clean furry algae off coral? Ive heard that a soft toothbrush is good but should I take it out of the tank? Although I have soft corals too so they probably wont like that?

Anyone got any thoughts/experience on this. Im already going to install a UV light but I want to clean it first.

what is it a altwater setup , or fresh

if fresh water and the coral is just for looks bleech it then scrub and thouraly rinse the put in in a bucket with a tripple dos of prime!!important *prime*

if salt water i have no idear ***do not use bleech if for a salt water tank**** probably just a scrub in a buket of tank water *that the coral is out of*

or see what other response you get

Tape a brush to a hose, so you can scrub and syphon water out at same time.

Brilliant ! !

healthy corals shouldnt grow algae on them

Sorry I should have been more specific - no algae on the Polyps just all over the live rock....... Change in angle from the sun coming through the window is all that did it. Phosphate and everything else was spot on thanx to RowaPhos, a zeo reactor and Calcium reastor.

are you using a refugium? If not maybe consider one of those. That should use up the nutrients down below to grow macro algae which would reduce the algae in the DT.

Yeah I should get some caulerpa going again.

How old is the tank? Your tank thread is less than a month old it's quite likely your tanks still going through the cycle and algae stages

No its the sun. Tank is 2 years old, but was moved in May and this is the first time its been exposed to some sun..... I factored in the suns change of angle over seasons but, factored it in opposite way lol