Pet_City

Sneak Peek Weekend Specials November 4th 2011

I thought I would get this done a little early and give you guys a heads up on whats on the weekend!

(As always Club Only, NFD etc, etc) (Also please remember these are this weekend only, if you miss out its back to normal price. I do these as a way to clear our tanks for the new orders on Monday, not because I need to make a sale!)

Apistos (Since we have new ones on orders)

Macmasteri Super Reds $25

Juruensis $35

Viejita Rednecks $20

Blue Heads (Steel Blues) $10

Cacatuoides $15

Borelli Yellow Blue $15

Algondon II $35

Elizabethae $85

White Seam Agassizi $27.95

Arua $24

Dwarf Cichlids

Neon Blue Rams $25

Neon Balloon Rams $25

Kribs (Normals) $8

Cattie Sale

Dianema Flagtails $40

Upside Down Cats $15

L144 Blue Eyes $500.00

Pictus Cats $15

Farlowella $15

S. Multipunctatus -Wild Caughts $75

S. Petricola $35

S. Decorus $30

Pimelodus Ornatus $100

do you have female steel blues or only males???

Hard to tell as they are all super bright blue and juveniles. I guess it depends on what school of thought you fall under - are they all hybrids that only produce males - or are they linebred to the point that there are no discernable differences between the sexes?

Hard to tell as they are all super bright blue and juveniles. I guess it depends on what school of thought you fall under - are they all hybrids that only produce males - or are they linebred to the point that there are no discernable differences between the sexes?

I dont know what to make of what is said about them... I put a post up for discussion on that and I think it went un-noticed.

I dont know what to make of what is said about them... I put a post up for discussion on that and I think it went un-noticed.

Hmmm, well I'll tell you what I fall under (and I haven't dissected any samples btw) - not knowing what they are hybrids of - and knowing that many apistogrammas can interbreed (macmasteri/viejita for example) and produce viable fry, I would lean towards the idea that there are no discernable differences between sexes.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if it is some mule type hybrid. Remember how closely guarded was the secret to the blood parrot hybridization?

I remember a fella down in Sydney or Melbourne on Aquarium Life saying he has males and females and breeds them? So I guess that brings more thought to the discussion.

Great prices, sucks it is exam week for me and have an exam otherwise I would of been able to grab some new apistogrammas :(

I remember a fella down in Sydney or Melbourne on Aquarium Life saying he has males and females and breeds them? So I guess that brings more thought to the discussion.

Great prices, sucks it is exam week for me and have an exam otherwise I would of been able to grab some new apistogrammas :(

Don't be sad! Sale runs until Sunday COB.