slr5000

substrate or no substrate

Personally, I find fish grow quicker with a substrate and it's more pleasing on the eye. That said, I wish I didn't have it in the BN tank 'cause the fry are a bugger to catch and due to the amount of poop, the gravel has to be vacuumed regularly

yer good point....haha i have a 75 lh torana that im slowly doing up as a slr5000

Nice! Ive got the same! Mine is untouched though going to get it registered soon as I sell the statesman..I got it off my father inlaw he was the second owner and made me promise not to ever modify or sell it.

Same 202 three on the tree even found an original factory clutch! It's worth WAY mre original..but the v8 certainly is tempting, nothing is more fun than holding your right foot on the pedal of a modified v8!!

And on the substrate I think keV is right and fish will be mentally happier with substrate also there are some good theories on the crap in substrate helping weed out weaker fish I.e later on in life dying from other peoples crappy water conditions..

But yeah no substrate= cleaner water because no substrate keeps you honest with how much debris is in the tank and makes it easier to see tiny fry.