dditt

Male Gold Saum and Festae

Thought i'd get a few shots of my Festae pair since they have settled nicely into the new tank - female is still quite young and shy so no proper shots of her, she's only about 13-15cm.

p.s. i know they're not great shots, just iphone piccies, but you get the idea.

Male is about 28cm and really starting to show some great colour again...

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Female:

IMG_0242.jpg

Edited by dditt

IMG_0248.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand a few more shots and a vid of my Male Gold Saum as he has hit another growth spurt and is looking stunning, neuchal hump is unbelievable for his size. He's only about 16-18cm currently and grows like a weed (read: as quick as the pbass)

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

quick vid of him flaring at the glass

Edited by dditt

Thanks guys, he is a beauty... the pair have started showing good signs lately, but i think the girl is still a little young, so hopefully in a couple months they'll do the deed...

they have to themselves a 4x2x2 w/ 3ft sump, would like to put them in something bigger but don't have the room for more tanks :P and they seem happy.

FJ: that's a real shame, he was a stunner too... yep i never trust heaters..

Edited by dditt

cheers mate, haha funny cuz our guy was complete opposite - we bought three 5cm juvies in roughly april, turned out to be 1 male and 2 female, he spawned with one female and kicked the crap out of the other... the female is still in the tank with him, always showing signs of spawning but she wont do the deed with Pbass around...

Festae I can't really take the credit for, the female i've only had for 2 weeks, she was pretty under nourished so i'm slowly fattening her up. Male i bought roughly 4-5 months ago from Craigo with the intention to put him in my 8x4 as a display (he was about a cm bigger then my male red devil at the time) but he got smashed by my RTC so i've spent the last 3 months healing him up so he won't be going back in there.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments, so do my fush :P

Also 4x2 is fine with only a pair maybe not when is max but that takes along time

yeah, i know, i've just always been a stickler for tank size though, thus why i only have 3 fish in a 1800litre tank...

I would prefer a 4x3x2 for these guys, just don't have the room

haha yer i still haven't upgraded my dovii in the 4x2 but hes over a foot now so growth rate has slowed dramatically, i lost my old job when i was about to purchase him a 7 x 4 x 2.5 of dennison for 1 fish so i get where your coming from

also your 1800 liter isn't even big enough for one off the occupants lol

Edited by Syndicate

There's my big boy! Glad is has recovered & is looking great mate! good to see he has soe female company now.

Wifey & I both miss this fish alot, great personality & generally just an awsome fish!

How old are you bass mate & who breed them?

Cheers bud, he is a gorgeous specimen!

bass were 2-3cm in Early April, 4 larger are from Kev, 3 smaller are from Melbourne, but for all i know they're kev's as well, but do have different colour and allround seem like a different blood line so here's hoping but not sure...

2 of kevs are growing humps already mate :)

and yeah spot on, two on the left in that pic are, two largest are both male, seems the other two are female, the 3 smaller bit hard to tell yet...

Edited by dditt