scott95

YAY, im back in the game

HEY!!!

guys and gals out there,

i am now overjoyed as after a long break from big nice fishysss i had a calling to bettas.

on my travels today i came across aquarium and petland in southport.

where i came across the most beautiful little boy blackbelt.

i am now proud to say, i own an american again!

thanks guys

So FJ, i am in question at the moment as to how old you are?

as you seem to keep wanting myself to rise to said "bait" which in this case is the quoted thread.

i do not wish to give you an answer, nor do i feel obliged to give you an answer.

i do also not wish to breed this fish, i am in the hobby for the sheer experience and fun of it. if i have 'him' in a communal tank and it breeds so be it.

but i will not go out of my way to breed this fish.

Now im sure you are very busy trolling other thread in need of a good argument, but if you are looking for one here you shall leave empty handed.

i do not wish to pursue my point any further than this, and yet again do not feel obliged to.

So FJ, i am in question at the moment as to how old you are?

as you seem to keep wanting myself to rise to said "bait" which in this case is the quoted thread.

i do not wish to give you an answer, nor do i feel obliged to give you an answer.

i do also not wish to breed this fish, i am in the hobby for the sheer experience and fun of it. if i have 'him' in a communal tank and it breeds so be it.

but i will not go out of my way to breed this fish.

Now im sure you are very busy trolling other thread in need of a good argument, but if you are looking for one here you shall leave empty handed.

i do not wish to pursue my point any further than this, and yet again do not feel obliged to.

thats a shame :( i enjoy a good well thought out retort ;) so your gunna get the female bb from nerang? just outta curiousity really. i think i know the breeder of these black belts......he's a bit of a lad :lol:

The BB at nerang im pretty sure is around the 11 inch mark, mine is around 10cm - 13cm

breeding is a complete waist of time if you plan a get rich quick scheme.

dont have the room or time.

how do you know its male? i enjoy breeding american cichlids and for me thats enough really. if i wanted a "get rich scheme" id prolly put in a lotto coupon......oh wait.....i do :lol:

well i can understand if it is somthing that you do and love doing, but for me it is not.

My BB was the largest, most colourful one in the tank beating the others up. and i know for a fact the BB at nerang is female.

fj your pushing just a bit too mutch .

yes x breeds ruin the hobby enough said .

please dont ontinue to push it .

cross breeds have there place as such and will from know on and in my opinion they dont ruin the hobby so much. dedicated breeders on lineage have their merits and i call a few of em close mates....its really more about the mongrelisation of some breeds thats a lil depressing i guess :( but we have a place to chat about that............ JMHO

well i can understand if it is somthing that you do and love doing, but for me it is not.

My BB was the largest, most colourful one in the tank beating the others up. and i know for a fact the BB at nerang is female.

thats not a thoroughly accurate way of sexing but its not a bad start. i find some american spp. have the females growing faster then males......umbi for instance ;) i keep a few spp. of vieja aswell

the bb and nerang you know for a fact is female. how exactly? tube out? has she laid? i have never seen females get much larger then around 8" mark. if its definately a female i wouldnt mind adding her to the genepool of my fish ;)