Yodapwnsasmurf

Feeders; what do you guys do?

I have a couple of peacock bass (still quite small) and I have been feedeing them white clouds out of my pond but the clouds are all gone (eaten) so what do I do now as they are eating like 6 a day each!

I dont have the money to buy feeders all the time and I guess I dont really have enough time to breed anything to feed them, Im just stuck as to what to do.....

What do you guys do for feeders?

Thanks

ok, but massivore aint cheap either is it..... and what about white bait, chopped up or whole?

depends on how big the pbass are i guess. you can use white bait,prawn,basa fillets etc etc. its just easier to convert em to pellets when they are young. remember what ever they get used to know you will supply for the rest of their lives. massivore $100 a kg. obviously its not cheap but the fish will be worth more when you sell em as pellet eaters then on other food stuffs. gotta remember if they take massivore now you can ween em onto cheaper pellets later. up to you but i know my preference ;)

Dude, if your worries about cost. Cichla aint for you my friend. They will eat you outa house and home if you arnt smart about feeding.

You may have been your own enemy by getting them on feeders as they will be hard to convert. I think you will have best luck with green prawns, then some bassa & throw in some pellets here & there to get them used to it.

depends on how big the pbass are i guess. you can use white bait,prawn,basa fillets etc etc. its just easier to convert em to pellets when they are young. remember what ever they get used to know you will supply for the rest of their lives. massivore $100 a kg. obviously its not cheap but the fish will be worth more when you sell em as pellet eaters then on other food stuffs. gotta remember if they take massivore now you can ween em onto cheaper pellets later. up to you but i know my preference ;)

hey mate where have you found the massivore to be cheapest?

You may have been your own enemy by getting them on feeders as they will be hard to convert.

Thats all they ate when I bought them, I just killed them on a couple of white clouds I was gonna breed to see if they will eat dead stuff and they do, so next step is to get some prawns and basa!

yeah that or if you do any fishing there would be endless supply of fresh seafood for those bass lol. sabiki rig with small piece of prawn on each hook tossed anywhere saltwater will produce some good feed for ur Pbass. watch the size and possession limits though. but seriously one legal size bream will feed them for a week till they get bigger

go to the chiness man on gympie rd 120 feeders for 20 bucks that last my 2 8cm ones for 2 days

your two fish eat 60 live feeders a day? :o

I was thinking breeding danios would be worth while and over the loong run very cheap considering growth rates and ease of breeding.

who bred them if all they were eating was live? best way to get em onto massivore is to just crumble some up and add a litte water. they are a soft pellet to start with but soaking em for about a minute helps. then just add a cube of bloodworm or some shredded (i freeze and then use a cheese grater) basa or green prawn. over the course of a couple of weeks just ween down the extras till only the pellets reamin and then get to the point of not soaking and feeding whole as the fish grow.

the ones i got were from fishking and allready used to eating crumble and bloodworms ;) of coure you can do the same and begin to supplement the massivore for a cheaper pellet over the same time frame HTH mate ;)

Um, I dont know who bred them, got them from a guy in southport or something....

Ok, I will have to get some massivore then.

Thanks guys!

most pellets will work if given enought time i guess. i do like the massivore product and the hikari range in general so it was a "no brainer" for me. its expensive but even more so if you buy it in the 380gram packets ;)