scott95

Hybridisation?

hey guys,

i recently (just now XD) vented my Black Belt, and Fenestratus. Now to me it seems

that they are both male and female. The BB being the Male and the Fene being the female.

just wanted to know, as the genital papilla is much pointer on the BB does that sign male? and the opposite on the female (fat)

just wanted to know whats the chance of hybridisation?

thanks

in my experience you cant really vent female till they have "popped their cherry" it will then look more obvious. males junk does start to "low ball" early on some spp. but HTH ;)

oh and hybridisation is guaranteed....they are vieja......the "street walkers" of the fish world :lol:

Edited by tuffy_rana

well the female's genital papillia is all red and round, so im guessing her cherry popped? hahah

and ohh right. they are both very colourful fish! i would most likley not "try" to breed them, but if they do im too kind :D

i have plenty of fish in there as dithers as the fene is settleing in. not doing their job very well. both fish have torn fins, with a small bit of clouding that has just apeared on one eye. treating with salt and melafix.

that looks a lil sore....the salt and melafix will aid in some recovery i guess. if and when they breed please dont sell em.......i know its sounds like some of us harp on about it but it does become a great source of annoyance to both purists and dedicated hybrid spp. breeders. by all means do what ya want in the way of experimentation on your own tanks as they are obviously yours but please dont dispurse the offspring ;)

awesome , i cant wait for my guppies to breed , so hard to get them to spawn , still theirs tmrw, hang on tmrw never comes , n they didnt spawn yesterday either , when will they ??, i might try a different spawning cone

Well there your prOblem they like to lay there eggs in a spawning mop