simmo2302

How much does your Red Devil EAT ?

I have a Male 30cm+ Red Devil who i swear is going to eat me out of house and home LoL.

he eats 1x to 2x a day. usually at night. and he'll easily take 20 x 6mm pellets each feeding + a few feeder cichlids if i throw them in.

is this too much or not enough ? LoL

I wouldn't say its too much... that sounds about right for a big boy...

but if it seems he is eating a lot, maybe look at the quality of food your feeding?

If its got enough protein and quality fats he should be filling up quickly...

if its just the cheap 6mm chinese container protein pellets then he will be gorging to try and get the nutrients he needs... get him onto massivore (or something similar)... my 30cm devil is content with 10-15 massivore pellets a day.

Edited by dditt

I should re-iterate... or explain...

My boy still has a lot of growing to do, even though he is 30cm in length, he has a lot of height and width to grow yet...

If your fish is quite old and seemingly fully grown... there is no need for an extremely high protein pellet like massivore... hikari Gold as bidkev said is all that's needed.

same as mine although i get 20 feeders and there all gone within the hour (thats how long it takes him to catch them all)

Mine won't touch anything other than Hikari and...................................................................................snails......................he just loves 'em.......................................feeders he ignores.........................unless they're 8cm albino bristlenose............................the bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!