Barefootexplorer

Help needed to load a large tank @ Biggera Waters

Hi guys,

I have found a tank I would like but my problem is I need 3 (more if possible) strong people to help me load it up! Is there anyone living nearby that can offer some assistance maybe? Not after freebies (though it would be nice) but am willing to barter! Carton beer/ six-pack udl's etc???

:egrin:

Cheers

Justin

LOL, 6x3x2 12mm glass, approx 250kg

Do not underestimate, took Mick (tank maker) 4 strong men to deliver. Shifted once and took another 4+ men, but cheated and only lifted through doors, used a lift to move it around house on the stand (smart actually).

Both had glass holders to do the lifting as putting your fingers underneath the bottom and carrying it at least waist height will be difficult task.

The driveway is flat, it 10-15metres to carry from open living area straight out the front door with no furniture in the way.

My understanding was Barefootexplorer was putting onto a ute, which is how it's been moved before.

As incentive, I may have stuff over of interest to fish people if visiting the property.

Have some 200L bunnings containers with tap, black rubbish bins (100L), freshwater food - haven't sorted but keen to minimise the move effort.

Also have spare foam Barefootexplorer that you can put underneath.

Thanks for all the replies people, im currently at work pouring concrete and am having a hard time organizing this. I'll be home in a couple of hrs and will be in a Better position to organize things!

I was hoping to do this tonight or sat through the day. If I can organize some hands I will drive up after work tonite(1&1/2hr drive) ! Around 6pm maybe? Otherwise it would be a sat morn job.

Thanks for the offer Lloyd , it will be going on a triton 4wd ute, around waist high.

Cheers

From my experience 4 guys will be plenty.

Myself and my brother carried my 8x3x2 (12mm around + 15mm base) from one table to another just the other day which was only about 6 feet away but we did it with a fair amount of effort.

I suggest flipping the tank on it's side so you will be carrying 2ft wide instead of 3ft. The bracing will be more supportive in this position also.

I'd suggest gloves as well.

If I was closer I'd join in for sure.

Cheers,

ozmo