__CAV__

[Appreciation] Pet City

it seem you guys didnt have an appreciation thread........

You do now.

I'd just like to thank donny for his help today, he seemed a bit run of his feet with customers, but was still able to help me with all my silly little questions

Cheers for that big fella and nice to meet you

Cav

Cheers to that, when I first got into fish tanks Donny gave me SO much advice and couldn't help me enough, without his help with a lot of things I probably would have made many mistakes!

Was in there for the 2nd time in a week lol, great shop, I know I'll be getting my marine stock from there :)

DeadfishFloating I think was talking to you today (not to sure lol) were you talking to a bloke with dreadlocks about macro algae? Lol

were you talking to a bloke with dreadlocks about macro algae?

hmmm........ maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Algae is one of my favourite topics of conversation.

Its why all the cool kids always invite me to parties

:D

Or it could have been Brett lol

1322316597865.jpg

The only reason we work as hard as we do in fish section.

Is because our customers are awesome.

And we appreciate every single one of them.

You guys either make or break us.

And it is too your credit that I leave work most days smiling.

Brisbane has some of the best fishkeepers in the world.

And not a day goes past I dont learn something new serving them.

Today for example I met a dude feeding cryptic carp gudgeon species fry

possibly hybrids, we wont know until the genetics testing comes back

I mean srsly we have the most diverse kick ass customer base possible.

Nawwwww Donny ya chose me as one of ya best n most fav. Makes me blush hehe.

Must say it's the only xmas card I have got this year and I am very chuffed to have been sent one from my fav store! :D

I'm not sure if you know this, but one of my wholesalers got their first shipment of Macrostoma in - but they went to Asia to actually see the farm and pick them out. I asked for a few inside tricks from the fish farmers - and yes, its confirmed lovely low pH, soft water, lots of tannins etc, but the farmers also said unlike most of their cousins, high temps stress them out and the get the best out of them at 20C! Higher and they don't breed well and suffer from Velvet outbreaks. I did not know!

Was in there today with dad for the first time in years! Has changed around abit.

Lovely fish. We got the last two hecklii. Nice sized fish for a great price. I fell in love with the macrostoma. So pretty, wish i wasn't moving to perth otherwise they would have been gone. Will be back before I leave to have another look.

Cheers zac

Thanks Zac! They are beautiful aren't they! Just as a side note - we ship fish to Perth on a regular basis. I'm sure you'll find some great LFS there, but if you need something odd, we'll be happy to get it to you :)

Went to Petcity yesterday for the first time, it was great! Talk about awesome amount of marine stuff :) and that amazing ray that just keeps coming up the side of the tank for a feed (the missus was mesmerized, thankgod im a student or we mightve been thinking of going marine :P ). I will be coming back sometime soon, even if it is just to stare at the marine stuff for an hour or so :).

Yesterday we did a day trip to brissy. it was a wonderfull day! We stopped off at Petcity for a look and ended up with 5 halfbeaks. they have all settled in nicely.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone at Petcity! all the staff we're great to deal with. had a chat to a few of the boys about the spiney eels.. awesome little guys, will definitely be getting a few of my own soon (eels, not the boys hahah).

looking forward to my next trip up there. who knows what i'll find next time :)

thank you again for being so helpful!

Cheers

Megan

Secretly I just love shipping fish AAE cause Pet City is on the way to the airport and I get to stop off on the way.

Thanks for the fantastic couple of bits of liverock this morning and it was very nice to meet such lovely fellow fishkeepers too.

I bet you were impressed with the megga peppermint pair I showed off on the way to the airport. Shame I sold them but hey, can't wait to rescape and move my trio of L270 into the pep pairs old tank. They better breed for me now.

I just want to say pet city are a bunch of awesome people. Went in there saturday spent way too much money and walked away with a new tank and more than i really wanted to spend. Couldn't help it though everything was so clean, all the tanks in wonderful condition. The young guy that served me was excellent and overall the service from all the staff that talked to us was excellent. I cant wait to go back. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

I was in Pet City on Saturday. Had to get some food. Ended up with some fish too - Oops!

Nice brichardi fulwe rocks in stock ATM! brichardi are undervalued fish, there are amazing colour variations in this fish!

Lot of interesting fish to have a peek at, killie season in full flight! Also Joel and I liked the big goldies - impressive fish.

Thanks for the comments - I'll make sure to pass it along to Saturday's crew! Looks like they rocked it :) Thanks for being rocking customers too - especially noticing Brichardi!

Went it yesterday and it was packed!!! Always a good sign of a good LFS :) And it wasnt surprising cos the tanks were amazing, all fish were healthy and stunning. I loved the Ls and discus! good work :)

Showing some (alot!) appreciation for your Tang biotype tank, whoever is responsible for that deserves a raise!!

First time in a long time I have walked into a shop and wanted to buy an entire tank!

Kelly was in store today with long time freind and fish keeper from south aus.Must commend the service of Matt as he spent the time to explain and advise my mate even though it was his lunch brake.He was very profesional and plesant to see work.It was easy to see he had the knolage and the passion for the hobby that many other sales people around the country lack.My mate has told me in the 30 years of fish keeping this was one of his most memerable days as the shop is the best he said he has come across for products service and general cleanlyness of shop and tanks.I do not say this without knowlage of the industry or fish keeping as myself have worked in aquarium retail,, wholsale importes and breeding for the last 15 years.As again I missed meeting you but thats life.Once again i will thank matt and yourself for the work you are doing to help promote this hobby.

Jeff

Thanks to the helpful and friendly staff at Pet City for helping me with my tank divider by selling me some eggcrate and telling me I should cut some tube down the middle, and attach it to the sides to ensure a tight fit. Awesome range there too guys and I certainly will be making the trip to Wishart many times in the future. My female Red Devil is so happy now she doesn't have to hide from the male so much. I used to come there every week when I was a kid and hassel mum to buy more goldfish haha. Thanks again and keep up the good work. :D

Edited by Gringox

You guys rock. Not only are you bringing back the kilifish (awesome move) but I went in to get a foreground plant for the shrimp tank yesterday and decided on a hair grass mat. Got home put it in the tank and found some eggs attached to it. It came out of a discus tank so here's hoping. Put in a pic to show off. Always quality stock and good advice omce again you guys rock.

Cheers mick

20130210_141732_zpsb82bf36c.jpg