Sign in to follow this  

hi all

a couple of days ago i came home after work and noticed my dom male dolphin's eyes were extended, sort of "pop-eye". he's not behaving normal also just hugging the top of the tank and not feeding. my guess is he mayve injured his head (as sometimes the fish "freak out" when you walk past the tank, god knows why??). i have five dolphins, i think 4 males, 1 female, approx 13-15 cms. i can only assume its an infection from a gash but....the others have had gashes before. NOW i look at him closely, his membrane under his extended eyes seem to have been broken/busted and are very red.

any advice as to treatment? i'd prefer not to lose him as they take ages to get to the size they are. i'll attach pics if i can. if they dont work and you think you may be able to help, i'll attach via email. they are hopeless pictures also but hopefully you'll get the idea. in the second pic, its the dolphin just above the maingano

thanks all

col

011.jpg

006.jpg

014.jpg

If it doesn't seem to be getting better within a week you'll need to consider a stronger treatment.

- anti bacterial in nature I believe. (Maracyn 2 is a favourite on overseas forums for pop eye but I'm not sure whether it's available in oz or if we have a generic equivalent)

List of medications available in Australia coutesy of another forum.

http://www.plecofanatics.com/articles/s ... 18&catid=2

Hope all woks out.

Sign in to follow this