americans

Whats your favorite dwarf american

Jack Dempseys!

And Kribs!

id say high quality firemouth

he said dwarves.......

and american lol...

My favourite would be the agas (apistogramma agassizzii) personally,

they come in so many different colour forms its hard to choose which one i like most.

other than that, nice rams are always pretty, bolivian butterflys (a type of ram) are IMPO another nice dwarf, good temperament and they colour up nicely when its breeding time.

At the end of the day its up to you with what you pick, just get something you like.

HTH

Cav

Apisto Viejita Red Neck pair - Pets, other pets - Gumtree Brisbane Region

Some on Gumtree for ya John, It's a pic off the net so you might wanna get one of actual fish, Bit of a drive for ya too, lol

I use to keep them and breed them however my fish taste these day are more towards my favourites "L's" and Geo's however I may go into them again specaily when you see so many stunning fish around. But thanks for the link

Depends what's rated as "dwarf". Some consider below 6cms to be dwarves and some rate 12cms or less.

Mine would be Multispinosa (Rainbow Cichlid) at around 10cms max................changing colour constantly depending on surroundings and other inhabitants

Apistogramma sp. Tefe

FishFW811_edited-1.jpg

apistogramma_agassizii_tefe1-300x223.jpg

Photo does not do them justice. Have to see in real life to sit back and go SH%t YEAH!!!! And this is with tanks beside with red neck macmasteri, nearly all black cacatuoides, inka 50s, bitaeniatas, galaxys, hongsloi FARB form II, hoignei, pebas, ivanacaras, breitbinden, rotkeils, Agassiziis, etc etc.

Some other favorites of mine;

Apparently it is an Apistogramma Jaguas? Never heard of it but I WANT!

Apistogramma ‘jaguas’ | Jake Adams

I then clicked on the fish and up come this page;

Apistogramma's (Dwarf Cichrid) photograph contest 2009

And there were some very nice photos of gorgeous apistogrammas.

This was the original fish labelled in the photos as a Apistogramma Yaguas? Gorgeous fish!

003Ap-yaguas.jpg

There were a few others on the site including;

Hoignei

040Apistogramma-hoignei.jpg

Elizabethae

032Apistogramma-elizabethae.jpg

Altotapiche

004Ap.-altotapiche.jpg

ALSO FOR ANY APISTO LOVER WHO WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THIS:

ƒAƒsƒXƒgƒOƒ‰ƒ}‚Ì’‡ŠÔy”M‘Ñ‹›}ŠÓƒŒƒˆƒ“ƒx[ƒ‹ƒAƒNƒAz

it is in japanese yes, but if you click on the side menu on the left hand side navigation bar you can just click on each random japanese letters and up will come a page with english and the region and pictures of each type of apisto with respect to their region of origin.