Eric A

Broke my Fx5, anyone else had this problem?

Hey all.

About a week ago my Fluval Fx5 has started screwing up. It is pumping water but it is pulsing, high flow, stop, high flow, stop. This makes the hose shake. Every now and then it will just shut down completely for a minute or two. Then it will start up again doing the same thing.

Today I took it out and cleaned it, pumping water the reverse way through the pump section in case something had got stuck. When I went to go plug it in, it did the exact same thing.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Fluval or another canister filter? Thanks guys :).

it also does in when there is crap inside the pump, pull the pump of the side and take it apart and clean it same thing used to happen to mine the Tahitian moon sand would end up in it.

You know about the inbuilt circuitboard which stops every 24 hours yeah?

So its not one constant flow of water its a stop and start sort of thing?

Yeah the minute shut off to allow air to escape. It's definiately not that, as it continues to try and 'flush' out something it seems, 24 hours a day.

it also does in when there is crap inside the pump, pull the pump of the side and take it apart and clean it same thing used to happen to mine the Tahitian moon sand would end up in it.

I'm going to have to do that, as it now has developed a knocking, which makes me think i've busted an impeller. So i'll do a full clean while replacing that.

Sorry to bring up a old thread but ive had two motors in six months do the same on me I would to know why lucky Smith's is helping me out bless them