Sign in to follow this  
townsvillebrad

New Cuckoo Kittens

:):o;) Decided to strip my blue dolphin girls this mornin. they been holding for 2 weeks and there say 8 cm. one girl shed 60 fry and the other to my suprise 7 suprisingly large cuckoo kittens.

i guess this is not much of an acheivment for some but im stoked. ive got some really nice cukkoos i purchased from damo83 years ago(i think so anyway. he used to live in buderim and caloundra.) lucky me there 5f 1m.

i put the kittens in with the blue dolphin fry, they are the most savagest little bastards. there mowing down the dolphin fry. at least i wont have to feed them for a while lol.

i was gettin worried that the cukkoos wouldnt hold there own but luckily i was mistaken.

is there anything special with raising these guys that i should now about? if anyone has any tips would be great to hear. :)

Cuckoos grow extremely quickly at that age. There is a better than average chance you will lose a large percentage of those dolphin fry if you leave them together.... even all of them. If one cuckoo grows more than the others, this is going to be the one who is the cannibal.

You can always make you own fry saver out of an ice cream container, so flymesh, hot glue gun and styrene.

The cuckoos would have eaten all the other eggs while she was in the females mouth.

cheers,

Jason

yeah im not too fusses with losing the dolphin fry as they breed every 2 weeks. my cukoos on the other hand this is the first time so i guess they get preference. :) but yeah they have probably eatin a baby each so far with in 5 hours or so.

they habe enormous mouths for the size of them.

hopefully they all grow at the same rate then, is there a way around them eating each other?

im not really keen to have 7 hatceries in my tank each housing one cuckoo.

i guess ill just have to keep them well fed.

Yeah I've considered buying some more leluipi but just haven't found any as good as them... unfortunately the fry were all sold and I didn't keep any.

Sign in to follow this