hey guys.

i have noticed on my clown loaches that they have some black spots on their fins and body i was just wondering if it is a disease or a fungus sorta thing and how i could fix it so it doesnt harm any of my other cichlids in the tank.

Cheers Matt

Hi rum, first off is the loaches rubbing there body on anything?

If they are it maybe black itch, comes up like little balck dots alot like ick does.Treat this the same way with sum good whitespot treatment, if the dots are larger i would use sum anit fungal treatment, "Wardleys" do a good form of this medication, just follow the instructions.

I thought black itch was a saltwater disease?

Got any pics?

Fresh water black spot is I think called Neascus nolfi. A yellow/ white worm which develops into a black spot...

This worm is not harmful to fish. Can occur in wild caught fish from South America. Virtually impossible to remove. Keep fish healthy, can treat with praziquantel. Do you have black spot??

Frenchy :D

Yeh fishies i had it bad with sum barlowi's of mine.Talk about impossible to get rid of, i spent heaps of money on a wide range of chemicals.

I know its mainly a saltwater disease but yeh it happened to me too.

Unfortunately my fishes died from it, but i now know wat im looking for so maybe if it happens again i can treat it more early.

Good luck to you rum87.

Dave

Nah frenchy i didn't.

Should have now ive been thinking about it.

Showed them a pick tho to a owner of a aquarium down by where i live.He said he didn't know exactly wat it was but agreed with the treatment.

Its strange ehh....

When the fish died, i scraped the fins to see if anything came off and it did.

So it def wasn't pigment in the fishes colour.

May need to do more research into this disease that i had, its really stumped me good.lol.

Dave