AliF94

My Msobos have their first mouthfuls :D Advice please?

Recently set up a breeding colony of Msobos and checked my tank this morning to find 2/12 of my girls holding. May not be such an achievement for you guys but this is my first time attempting to breed any fish so I'm pretty stoked.

Any tips for when I should strip them (if I should strip them at all) and the best ways to look after fry and stuff like that?

Thanks guys.

If you want to strip her, you can do it roughly about 2 weeks or you can isolated (take her out)

For raising fry, good to have a separate tank with the parents and feed them 3 times a day plus changes water as offen as you can that way your fry will grow out quicker. Good luck

Cheers, Ryan

excellent work man!

Its hard to keep track of how long females have held as they all look very similar.

I usually go off the condition of the holding female.

If she is starting to get thin, thens theres a higher chance she will spit or swallow.

Thats when I catch them out and milk them.

I usually catch a few out at once, as its a bit of effort to remove all the rocks to milk them.

congrats again man

keep doing whatever it is you are doing

Thanks, Donny!

You're a legend :P I put in that Geo-liquid, 24 hours later, I've got girls holding.

Yeah all the girls are so similar, I realised that could get a bit tricky! I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

Thanks again,

Allister