Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malawimates

W.T.B Eggcreate

there is a member here if you look

Really.......I am glad you told us there are members here.

I was confused at how all these posts were appearing.

I thought someone just had a lot of time on their hands and kept posting under ALL these different names. Just to make the forum look busy.

See, I can do sarcasm too.

Why do you think I normally don't say anything TaShiE.

I don't think there was any need for the post by Skoob.

Maybe the guy had already contacted him and didn't want to get it off him.

Maybe he just wanted to check if any had a spare piece lying around and could pick it up for a few bucks.

That is the main reason I am beginning to HATE these forums. People assume too much.

Obviously Skoob "assumed" that malawimates didn't look.

You "assumed" I would care if you got up on your soap box and complained about rude people. If this is the first time you have seen people be rude on this (or the previous) forum then you must not look very well.

Oh.....hold on........I get it now.

Did I sledge one of your "friends"????? :roll:

Ahh, but YOU "assumed" sigmaphile,that I was being sarcastic. wrong. I was actually just pointing out in a friendly sense that there was indeed a member (whose details I put up) who supplies such plastic as requested. The idea was for malawimates to search the site to find whatever contact details he required. the purpose of putting up my post was to be helpful. the purpose of your post was quite obviosly to just be rather unhelpful. but thank you for policing the forum. do you have some eggcrate for sale sigma or did you just wander in here to rant at other peoples posts? I think people assuming or being helpful is NOT what "puts people off these forums". maybe the rantings of self-important post police.

I hope malawimates doesn't think I was being rude or sarcastic as I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Cheers.

By the way malawimates, did you get some eggcrate?

And phil ,you also assumed tashie was referring to you. are you sure she wasn't agreeing with you before you shot her down?

I'm not here for arguments, or to sledge or make personal observations. and others are free to post whatever without my say so or criticism. you got me all wrong, so

chill phil :wink:

but thank you for policing the forum. do you have some eggcrate for sale sigma or did you just wander in here to rant at other peoples posts? I think people assuming or being helpful is NOT what "puts people off these forums". maybe the rantings of self-important post police.

May I ask? How many times have you seen me post? Let alone be a POST POLICE.

I don't post because this shit happens. I think you really should read your replies if you don't mean to be sarcastic. I am not the only one who read it as such. Comments have been made.

I might just remind you that just because someone has a low post count or is never seen to be here alot does not indicate a lack of knowledge or influence. It sometimes means they have been around for quite some time and are sick of this sort of crap. Sometimes they just can't keep it in after all the posts they should have replied to get out of hand. You just got the short end of the stick. DEAL WITH IT. I don't need your approval or forgiveness.

Just remember................the arse you KICK today may be the arse you have to KISS tomorrow. There are no faces on forums and you really don't know who I am.

I have had a number of discussions via PM with the original author of the post and he has indicated that he accepts my apology for any misunderstanding. As already stated my reply was not intended to be read as sarcasm but as an honest and genuine attempt to help by posting a members name who has the sought after article. The "have a look" comment was only made because I didn't have the info on hand to post but thought I could at least point him in the right direction. This was followed up with a number of PMs in relation to searching, as I find that a helpful tool. I did have a few other things going on at the time so some of my comments/replies may have been short. I have explained all this to Brett, who seems to understand, and I hope any others who were concerned about my manner understand also.

That all said, I do not post this as an apology to you Phil. You say "There are no faces on forums and you really don't know who I am."Contrary to your belief, I am well aware of who you are and I am not here to kick nor kiss any ones arse. That comment only supports my suspicion of your own self importance. The fact that my faux pas was a talking point at all illustrates that some people are quick to judge without investigation. Yes Phil you are a respected member of the aquarium community and nothing I say will nor is intended to change that. I am disapointed at your reaction to this storm in a teacup. As I am not a player in the aquarium world and am but a humble small time hobbyist I am not the least bit interested in your threats.

Like most people here, I became a member to draw on the expertise and experience of people far better equipped with relevent knowlege than myself, in the pursuit of a common interest. Many experienced hobbyists and breeders are very forthcoming with invaluable advice and assistance. In return for this information I would like to be helpful where I can to others. Whilst I feel I have been unfairly judged and personally attacked I will "deal with it". I am confident that those who have had any dealings or conversations will know that I'm just a harmless friendly fishkeeper :lol: .

Hey Phil, Lighten up.

Whoo Missed this one.

Talk about a storm in a tea cup.

First of all, Phil that wasnt needed, you cant change the world and if you where offended then let it go.

Skoob it did sound little harsh, but if it wasnt meant in that tone then no problem, Really I dont think anyone had a right to chip in and say it was harsh or not unless they are a mod or the person it was directed at.

I see it this way in regards to rank of a post.

Admin

Mod

Poster (Person who starts the thread)

User

If the poster has a problem they talk to a mod, if the mod isnt happy about what has been done they can talk to me and ill ban or take action.

If a user isnt happy about something, either talk to a mod or the poster, but dont take it apon yourself to become the police. Doesnt help anyone and makes it negative.

Where here to enjoy ourselfs.

If your not happy about how something is being done then suggest a better way, If your sick of the site and what happens on here, then sorry to loose you but the door is over there.