Munruben1

Filter Material for sumped L Number System

Am setting a dedicated sumped system for L numbers & Albino BN's & looking for suggestions on filter material etc.

System can be run on tank water or Logan tap water.

Sump will have 3 bays excluding bay for pump to put different material in.

Currently have available to put in sump

Jap Mat

Dacron

Shell Cush

Coral Bone

Bio Balls

Bio Cubes

Will be putting plants, caves & drift wood in each tank but should some gravel be included.

Should black water extract be used.

Thanks

Baz

Baz,

The most successful L breeding setups I have seen are all running on individual canister's mate. I know not exactly what your asking, but just thought I would share

my observations

Luke.

Would you want your Ls on a systems? Say on tank gets disease and you don't notice it. Next thing is its in all of your tanks and you have lost thousands worth or fish? I have also heard individual tanks running canisters is best. Cost abit more but worth it in long run.

Rather than black water, just add driftwood to the tanks. It slowly leaches out a bit of black water anyway. Depends if you want your tank to look like fish swimming in tea or not. Fish don't really care.

gravel rash made techdens sumps , and set up his systems , except 1 , sumping l numbers is to easy , panaques in 1 , hypans in another , pekoltia in another and so on , as for disease , quarenteene new arrivals , keep seperate nets cleaning equipment etc , i have been caught out not quarenteening fish , from local and interstate purchases , do NOT USE CORAL , NOR CORAL RUBBLE , YOU want soft water , coral/coral rubble raises the ph , and the hardness , kh /gh , and your conductivity, fish are fussy with timber too , the more it leaches the more some like it , and some dont , some need peat some dont , some breed on town water , some dont , some need current , some dont , but to my experience dont seem to mind the water flow , as u can adjust it on your taps , to suit , hypans love meaty foods such as 007s , not veggie , panaques love timber/algae, not meat but they will eat meaty foods , but its not good for their diggestion , the more you read and breed , the more you learn , just sump it , tiger woods would