mate i clean befor go and tank, sump and fx5 all good, some how fx5 pulsate and pipe let go and fill power junction with water that cut power to whole house.................................. result 4 years fish keeping gone...........................................................................

Edited by liljohn_83
swearing

ya airstones far away from intake...... think it motor prob. ????? pulsating...... ?????????? no water flow, component seperation,,,, water all over floor as drain tank. as fall water rush into powerboard that short circut and cut power.................................................................................... in thialand,china, hong kong....... out my control........................... question is ??? this second time motor been replaced.................................... is this bad motor or what????????????????

Have 4 of them with 2 of them running for 4 yrs without so much as a gurgle. These are over sand as well so the issue with sand is an urban myth IMHO. I think those who have had problems have just been unlucky with filters that have somehow slipped through quality control. There should practically no gugling and very little noise from them as they automatically expel any air pockets...............that is unless you've got the intake near to an air stone so that the filter is sucking air constantly.

Possibly the "aquastop" valve may have been fualty and during a purge has busted off? Ive had one of my pipes nearly come of when I plugged the filter in due to not having the valve pushed down tigt and locked in, so i cna see how a damaged valve may have been the cause? otherwise I cant see the filter having the power to blow a pipe off. . .

Possibly the "aquastop" valve may have been fualty and during a purge has busted off? Ive had one of my pipes nearly come of when I plugged the filter in due to not having the valve pushed down tigt and locked in, so i cna see how a damaged valve may have been the cause? otherwise I cant see the filter having the power to blow a pipe off. . .

There all manafactured by machines everyone the exact same as the last. Fluval would assure that!

If the valves not locked in It would be the users fault. The video that comes with the fx5 shows how its done. Its a simple process and I couldnt see that having any faults.

I've had my fx5 for at least 6 months and its worked perfect since day one. Love it!

There all manafactured by machines everyone the exact same as the last. Fluval would assure that!

If the valves not locked in It would be the users fault. The video that comes with the fx5 shows how its done. Its a simple process and I couldnt see that having any faults.

I've had my fx5 for at least 6 months and its worked perfect since day one. Love it!

doesnt mean the valve wasnt damaged buy the owner?

both my FX5's run flawlessy without any issues other then ath of my error which i described above, but i have heard a lto of story about issues with them.

So many possibilites of what happened though. . .

At my peak I had six running

now back down to just 3

never had a problem

never even broke an impellor or shaft.

BUT

I have seen a few returns in my time.

malfunctioning chips (first batch)

burnt out motors

broken impellors

never seen a hose burst tho.

have my sympathy though.

if you are going to set back up