gingerbeer

Tang Book suggestion

Sorry Johno will have to disagree there since they only have aqualog for the tropheus

Best book by far is Tanganyikan cichlids in their natural habitat by Ad Konings

Another sometimes useful one to keep handy is Back to Nature: Tanganyikans

I also own another one called Pierre Brichard's Book of Cichlids and All the Other Fishes of Lake Tanganyika but it's quite old and doesn't have newly discovered species

Although its nice to read to learn more about the lake itself, locations, water chemistry and other animals of the lake etc.

Come along this friday to the cichlid club meet and check out the books in our library to the real thing. Depends what you are after - pretty pics or info. Plenty of books written in other languages with pretty pics. A pic is worth 1000 words they say. Aqualog books are great, some are just in Deutsch though... The Ad man's books are pretty much gold standard. He will be launching his latest edition sometime this year hopefully. We are looking to have him come out as well. See you this friday.

Edited by Neolamprologus
sent twice + typo

Come along this friday to the cichlid club meet and check out the books in our library to see the real thing. Depends what you are after - pretty pics or info. Plenty of books written in other languages with pretty pics. A pic is worth 1000 words they say. Aqualog books are great, some are just in Deutsch though... The Ad man's books are pretty much gold standard. He will be launching his latest edition sometime this year hopefully. We are looking to have him come out as well. See you this friday.

Neo - not sure about Friday. You do make a good point what do I want the book for. Can I ask for suggestions in the ID category, though like good info too. I want the tang equivalent to the Cichlid Atlas series for dwarfs....

Shon - was eyeing both of those off on AOA site. Which would you suggest purely on ID?

Jono - was looking for aqualogs but couldn't find other than Trophous one on AOA site.

Thanks and keep the thoughts coming.

Yeah I'd have to say Tanganyikan Cichlids in their natural habitat is the best book by far

If it's purely for pictures and not learning about the fish then internet is the best place although sometimes localities are incorrect, however in general it's usually fine

Tanganyikan cichlids in their natural habitat, is an excellant read, and give lots of general information on the distribution, habits, and geographical variations, of these awsome fishes.

The back to nature guide to tanganyikan fish, is a more concise book, giving details on their behaviours, and breeding requirements.

The two books complement each other. essential requiremnets IMHO.