ashimus

a life without tanks is just plain boring!

i got myself a 3ft tank and at the place im living they said i can have 2 tanks but nothing over 4x2x2

i want something i can feed pellets, the occasional whitebait possibly a few feeders here and there

i was thinking a devil or possibly an oscar... what do you guys think i should get?

don't think an oscar would suit a 4x2x2, not after he grows,

if it was me, i'd get a pair of small americans, or a few small geos, (orange heads) maybe a small breeding colony of africans, i'd forget about the feeders, just get something you can feed on pellets or flake,

maybe even 3/4 sevs,

Personally i wouldnt go for a snake or any reptile in a glass tank, just a little issue that myself and glass tanks have. with heat n all. For a fish that will take feeders / whitebait maybee a rivulatus or a JD but once they get big dont expect that tankmates will be a viable option. Feeding feeders doesnt really have much advantage for your fish, other than that it will make them more agressive towards fish. Best thing you can do is go for a good quality pellet if you are going for americans like somthing like hikari cichlid gold. Its what is best for your fish in the long term, But a suggestion i have i a big no no to predatory americans, the idea of keeping them is to see them thrive and big fish small tank? isnt thriving its surviving! I would personally say in a 4 x 2 x 2 go a small group of Red Humps they are great fish to keep and plenty of colour ect.

I have a plywood box (3x2x2) that you can have for $50, just needs glass sliding doors then taadaaa its a reptile enclosure!

why does it have to be big?

why not apistos or some other dwarfs?

a 3x15x18 would be a perfect size for a trio of apistos (i'm thinking aggazizzii "tefe"), maybe a school of tetras (or coral red pencilfish if you can afford it), some cories, and an L# or 2.

put some nice tangly driftwood in there, sand for a substrate and it'll look pretty nice too.

why does it have to be big?

Why not apistos or some other dwarfs?

A 3x15x18 would be a perfect size for a trio of apistos (i'm thinking aggazizzii "tefe"), maybe a school of tetras (or coral red pencilfish if you can afford it), some cories, and an l# or 2.

Put some nice tangly driftwood in there, sand for a substrate and it'll look pretty nice too.

will my apistos eat whitebait ;)