gingerbeer

Well done to a local fish shop

I would like to start a thread to congratualate when a Fish Store exceeds your expectation. We hear too much negative about stores and not the good - so let's share the good.

If I may start - well done to pet City today. They have some Nanacara taenia in stock - a dwarf I want bad. I picked the best pair - but the best pair had a female with pop-eye and a tatty fin - unfortunate. I suggested that they hookme up wth something good to treat them and I would take the risk and take them. They said that instead they would put them in quarantine with my name on them - treat them and keep in touch with how they go. They after all have the real magic drugs from the vet and will not let customers buy a sick fish.

Well done to the young lady manager on duty and the young girl who caught them for me - sorry I don't know your names - I am the difficult customer who was there with his wife, who left feeling good about your service.

Steve

yer i had a good dealing with annerly aquarium the other day great service their , they were fairly busy but still took the time to stop and chat about the fish i was interested in , wasnt buying that day but they still took the time to tell me all that i asked , even going through books for me. Great shop & people loved it

cheers TERRY

ok I have a couple of really good shops that id like to say thanks to and each for slightly different reasons

1. Aquarium Warehouse These guys often cop a bad rap but for clean tanks well laid out stores and prices for your

run of the mill fish they cant be beaten When they have a fish on sale its one hell of a good price

2. Exotic These guys are the quiet achievers, most times their prices are well below others they dont make a fuss. They keep a good variety of fish and again sometimes the prices are exceptional value

3. Redlands This guy russ is truly a gentleman. He has done so much for the forum and its members he may not have the widest variety but he makes up for that with wonderful deals and an attitude of its never a bother

4.Nerang Brad is a true stayer for this forum. He offers good advice and prices and will go out of his way.

5.Annerley This is my wow shop they have the best and widest variety of cihclids and exotics ive seen in

Brisbane. Always friendly staff and always the healthiest fish prices might be higher but thats

because of the quality.

These are just a few of the best ones i have found and i list the properties I really like about each, depending on what im looking for or who im sending there determines the shop i would recommend

peter

i must agree about the aquarium warehouse.. i was in the Underwood store the other day was amazed by the size of the sale tanks.. they are huge compared to any other storre i have been in and stacked right to the roof. the prices were good and they had plenty of stock, the other is H20 babies in ipswich.. it is a small store but it is laid out in such a manor that it makes the store feel huge.. always have unusual stock at good prices and the sales people are very helpful

Just for clarification, this thread and the other off-topic genetic/hybrid stuff have been split. Unfortunately this thread lost a lot of the constructive content in the process, so if you want to re-voice opinions or stories that were moved (and probably deleted) please feel free to do so.

japes.

You can't go past Age Of Aquariums for any hardware, food supplies, water conditioners - anything except the fish and plants :) Extremely well priced, cannot compare these to any other stockist I have seen in Bris - I have seen many many Aquarium stores :lafhard: Ben and Dean are tops - cheers for all the advice over the past couple of years Dean (dunno if he's a member?)!

Pet City

Always a good selection of fish and quite often have something new and rare. I have scored alot of bargains at Pet City!! Mostly friendly staff if they aren't under the hammer... Always have live food in stock...

Pet Wise Underwood

The store looks like a pet goods warehouse but has a great selection of fish... Decent tank deals, and good as the local for anything needed in a hurry. Always something good to look at up there... Good range of reptile products too... Grant is a cool dude, always looks after us...

Have to agree with you ikola.On the southside they are 3 of the best shops.The people at pet city also help to the best of there abilty and are quiet happy to stand and have a chat with you about what ever you need help with, in a pleasant way,unlike some other stores.Plenty of stock too.

Another store not mentioned,is steve at southside Pet barn.He is a wealth of knowledge and has been in the game for years.He might not have a huge selection,but he will definetly help in getting whatever your after.Him and his staff are very friendly.

I am not a huge fan of majority of the shops around here but The dozen or so i do use all have helped me out heaps when starting out in aquariums.

Age of aquariums,i would of spent even more money if i didnt find you.Great prices and top staff.Cant go past them for any dry goods.They give advice worth listening 2.keep up the great work.

HI all.

im only young and no expert but i would just like to say a huge thatnx for the help at smiths aquarium and Mark.

they were understanding and very knowlageble. i was very suprised and the amount of stock they had to. and the quality of the fish is awsome.

they also did me a great deal on the calvus and gold somp i bought.

Definently a favorite.

cheers ben

I would have to say well done to smiths as well, the people there were extremely helpfull.

Also went to pet city to pick up a eheim 2217 on sat they had plenty of stock and were helpfull even though they were completely flat out.

aquarium and petland in southport is my fav . they have a superb collection of rare and unusual africans . you can spend 10 minutes per tank as there always a suprise in there hiding . great fish , great prices and great service .Leanne and Mike are truely passionate about what they do , figured that out the first time i met them . it just shows ! well done !

Just visited pet city for the first time and was amazed with the

variety they have everything. The guy who served me looked

like he just run a marathon and was constantly wiping the sweat

off. Very happy with the service had the little fella with me

so didnt get a good look,will definetely be goin back and

recommend the same to anyone whos never been.

Also would like to mention a small shop Neilsens marine mates

not a very big selection of freshwater but exceptionally clean

and well worth a look just for the marine setups and fish.