anny one got anny expirience i think they will just be feedrs

im venting hear because i may get in trouble if i do it anny wear els

suposidly they cant reproduce ?

stupid mistake puuting them back in one tub/pond comet's & koi . when they wer still breading and to top it off ive mixed up the fry ,,,stupid .

I reckon if you keep a tight eye on them and cull strictly for oddities(mouth shape,head shape and barbells) you might be able to still get a few comets and koi out of the batch john....might be a bit of work though...I reckon it would be easier to seperate the fish you want to breed(wether its the koi or the comets you want)..then seperate these guys again..feed up the females and introduce males in a couple of weeks time with a nice water change...should still be able to get another spawning... ;)

whats to say koi hybrids arnt allowed in QLD. it is only for the specified species so per say if it were crossed to get same colours, and parentage was proveable then surely a breeder in nsw could bring them up here?

Koi hybrids are certainly illegal in QLD. To the point that some of the best selling comet species are actually not being stocked by wholesalers on the suspicion they may not be pure goldy.

Anything that gets aqis or the dpi interested in you, is not worth the hassle.

Its true what they say, those guys really have no sense of humor.

are butterfly koi all hybrids?

I know the purists seem to all hate them as abominations

It seems these guys aren't hybrids as such (considering they are bred back with wild Indonesian carp)

The Origins of Butterfly Koi - Blue Ridge Fish Hatchery

I think its another case of the "traditionalists" not wanting new strains....reminds me of the "no love" for the black ranchu in japan(despite if it meets ALL criteria)...as some guys in japan even bred (in my opinion) the exact same variant but it is not popular due to the same reason....

post-2649-1471162580553_thumb.jpg