tuhoenation

Buying NLS and getting it mailed to Australia?

Just wondering if this is possible ,i have found on line stores and they say they will ship to Aus ,but will it pass at the mail centre here.

Am currently paying $58 minus the qld af discount for 600gm at Age Of Aqauriums,can buy it online for $24.00

Has anyone been successful ?

I have been told need import licence ,only want to buy small quantities...

Whats your thoughts on this subject...

contact the appropriate authorities , and your awnsers shall shine upon you, my thoughts though are , it would come through , sealed in jars , it gets xrayed , and comes to your door , know of others doing it , never done this myself, no different to clothing , jewellery, or sporting equipment

I don't believe you can import any fish food as a private buyer. I know when I ordered some snail traps from USA I had to get the bait sample removed so it would clear customs. However I am not an expert and as mentioned you should check with customs.

What Can't Be Mailed To Australia? - DAFF

Not permitted

The Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service(AQIS) determine the legality of bringing food, animal, wood and plant matterinto Australia. As such you will need tocontact AQIS about this matter. The contact details are listed below.

Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS)

Within Australia: 1800 020 504

Outside Australia: +61 2 6272 3933

Email: pr@aqis.gov.au

Edited by Peter

You have to have an import license, costs $240 and about 12 months for AQIS to finally approve and get stock here, you also have to pay $240 for every size and variety, gets rather expensive. I know as I have done it 3 times, 2 more ton comming in a few months.

Better off buy them at your LFS, Redland Pet Center (Russ) sale them for $130+ for 2.27kg, support our sponsor which supporting us.

Work it out it cost you $5.73 per 100g so that would be $28.64 for 0.5kg.

Also, I'm pretty sure another barrier is that there are authorised licensed distributers/wholesalers of such products in Australia (who are chosen by the owners/ manufacturer/company to exclusively import it into oz and then sell to shops etc.)

All you have 2 do is call customs. Inform them of your intention of purchase and request for importation. If required state that you will allow for package to be opened and seal broken if required too allow the product to be inspected. Ask seller to place inside package the NLS list of ingredients and information papers and she should be sweet. i Know a couple of people that have done this and been fine. Though its a hassle and shouldnt be done often.

All you have 2 do is call customs. Inform them of your intention of purchase and request for importation. If required state that you will allow for package to be opened and seal broken if required too allow the product to be inspected. Ask seller to place inside package the NLS list of ingredients and information papers and she should be sweet. i Know a couple of people that have done this and been fine. Though its a hassle and shouldnt be done often.

I have contacted customs. This was their reply:

The Australian Quarantine and Inspection

Service(AQIS) determine the legality of bringing food, animal, wood and plant

matterinto Australia. As

such you will need tocontact AQIS about this matter. The contact details are

listed below.

Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service

(AQIS)

Within

Australia: 1800 020 504

Outside Australia: +61 2 6272 3933

Email: pr@aqis.gov.au

Why go through all the hassles for a few dollars, if it's $50 or more then it is fair enough but you only talking about $4-$5 difference to your LFS.

Please compare your online price with the price of your LFS or Redland PetCenter (Russell).

Ive called RPC they dont sell the ones im after ,Im wanting 600gram containers not KG of it.

$24 compared to $58 is not a few dollars....

Buy the 2.27kg then sell part of them to someone here or share with others I'm sure heaps of members here did that.

if you read the link peter provided in english it's pretty clear , and now that you have read it , i wouldent use the old i dident no excuse if you get caught .

heck i now no some of the things i have recived are contraversial weather they are allowd or not so i just wont be ordering anny thing thats not from an au shop in future

as i dont wanto findout the punish ment .

just my opinion .

john