bristlenosejohn

Dedicated thread for all your Monster fish and Rare/ Exotics

they used to but out of them i only have the toga sold the rest my pond was getting a bit cramped but i regret selling any of them and i raised all but the dat, a few more

post-1219-14711625894571_thumb.jpg

post-1219-14711625894759_thumb.jpg

post-1219-14711625894957_thumb.jpg

post-1219-14711625895143_thumb.jpg

Edited by cogs

i got it from atlas about 3 years ago i don't know what sort it was but i swapped it for the arro and a catfish i paid $500 for it and i even put a id post on monster fish and noone could tell me what it was but it was pretty aggro it killed my 30cm fronny

i just made a teir sump very simple top bit sponge then shade cloth and looser weave shade cloth second bit has about ten rolls of gutter gaurd with a 7500lph pump and a 36w uv light but i only got 2 fish in it the gar and the rtc

What do you in england categorice as Monsterfish ?? Here in sweden most species who grow big and are a bit aggressive, they call monsterfishes. Most of my fishes goes under that category.

Flower-Horns, Oscars, Piranhas, Catfishes (not the "L-Cats") even my other hybreds goes as monsters .

Later on today, my deleivers of "real monsters" come :) That will be several Eel's and 2 snakeheads :)

Edited by Aquamonster

i would say definitely the catfish like the salmontail, maybe arrowanas, those datnoids......maybe people who have the requirements to still have some of the big gars......ummm I dont know lol

I'd say we aussies are restricted by what we can legally keep in comparison to other countries.

i would say definitely the catfish like the salmontail, maybe arrowanas, those datnoids......maybe people who have the requirements to still have some of the big gars......ummm I dont know lol

I'd say we aussies are restricted by what we can legally keep in comparison to other countries.

Well, if you live in australia i undersatnd that you se "monsterfishes" in other ways then we, specially here in scandinavia, does. In australia you have real monsters, horrormonsters in your lakes and rivers ;) I personally would love to find the money to go to australia and dive there, that's a dream I'we had since I was a little girl :)

But is it forbidden to have big fishes as Snakeheads, Gars, arowanas etc. i aquariums in australia ??

Edited by Aquamonster

Aquamonster - we have a list of fish that are classed as noxious and therefor aren't legally imported in Australia or allowed to be kept - snake-heads and piranha fall into this category..

Other fish (eg. Asian arowana) fall into a different category - grey imports - Technically they are allowed to be kept but they are not on the allowable import list - so if they are here, they are illegally imported

These lists seem to be revised everytime someone farts so what we can legally keep is getting reduced all the time :(

hope that makes some sense of it for you...