bristlenosejohn

Dedicated thread to show off your plants and Co2 set ups

Hey guys,

this is my tank only added c02 recently all of the growth was without it.

I am only new to keeping planted tanks this one has been up for about 6 months (had to move). Im no expert had to google the names of the plants lol.

I use Seachem Ferts, need to add substrate ferts though have run out.

Aqua One Ecolite 120 4 foot LED lighting (50watt) was very skeptical of this light but has proven to be a very efficient light for the cost to run.

Foreground - Dwarf Saggitaria

Crypt, Vals, Purple Tiger Lotus, Echinodorus, and Anubias.

My c02 is now run through sera a c02 reactor which works well have seen incredible growth in the tiger lotus since ive started it. Only running it at 2 bubbles per sec.

Thanks for looking:D

post-7433-1471162693427_thumb.jpg

I'm planning on starting a planted aquarium soonish. I'm sourcing all my bits and pieces, am having some trouble finding my c02 gear. I have a 2.6 kg bottle and regulator. Where did you find solenoids and bubble counters etc...?

nice setup sarah!!! im looking at starting a nano tank soon so much cheaper to maintain and ive really wanted to keep chrimp.

gordo have a look at age of aquariums Age of Aquariums - C02 Units/Hardware

Initially I would simply buy a glass diffuser with a bubble counter incorporated into it and simply turn your c02 on and off with your lights. This saves a lot of money and you can start your tank up sooner and upgrade to solenoid ph controllers etc later on.

Shanoz thats a great looking tank but I'm afraid a few of the plants in there are non aquatic plants and will die off after a month or so. A lot of LFS still sell them and advertise them as true aquatic... :(

Shanoz thats a great looking tank but I'm afraid a few of the plants in there are non aquatic plants and will die off after a month or so. A lot of LFS still sell them and advertise them as true aquatic... :(

Yeah I know, I am hoping they will either break down and help the water conditions when my aussie natives turn up or the opposite, that they will shoot up and out the top of the tank! Here's hoping, fingers crossed!!

After seeing some beautiful tanks I though I'd take a decent photo of ours and post it to see what people think :)

10707861284_3753a2a746_z.jpg

Full Tank Shot - 06/11/2013 by 0romis, on Flickr

The tank is a 3x2x2, with Eco-Complete Gravel complimented with Dino Dung near anubias' ,crypts and ech., Yeast Based CO2 Fed into a Reactor, LED Lights - Dalua SS-90, Aqua Sonic Basic-Grow and Daily Grow.

The Dense Sword at the front right has shot out a 'runner' with several smaller swords growing along it at the moment :), Will be transplanting out of the tank for a while to mature them until we know what to do with them.

2ft 'medium' tech community/planted:

IMG_6768.jpg

CO2 is fed from a yeast culture, lighting is an 18W fluro supplemented by natural sunlight. The Bolbitis processes the CO2 as fast as I can produce it, on sunny mornings you can literally watch tiny bubbles form on their leaves. The Anubias petite grows noticeably faster when the CO2 is going.