bristlenosejohn

Dedicated thread to show off your Marine tanks and fish

Pics from my tank.

This is my favourite acro stag.

fav-stag-.jpg

Some of the zoas I have collected for my display tank multiplying nicely..

zoas-best-.jpg

Stoney coral was smooth,lots of new growth in the first pic and the next is 6 months later.

coral1-.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by liquidg

One of my fav tank additions,I have two biscuit sea stars as clean up crew workers.

biscuit-sea-star-cleaning-c.jpg

The tank and everything else i make my self,I use my own bio filtration design I made and call it-natural waste management.

All its functions are based on nature, no skimmers or reactors, no dosing and no substrate in the tank.

Once the system was secure,that was the last water change needed,that was November 2011 no more water changes,the system is designed to function at its best with no water changes!

I use LED lighting only.

The water parameters are consistently at-

Calcium 550 to 600

KH between 8 and 9

Nitrates 0

Phosphates 0

These parameters when tested are exactly the same at every test!

The tank life consists of a lot of corals and sponges etc.

There are two sea stars, many peppermint and boxer shrimp,one redline shrimp,one mimic tang,one clown wrasse,one chaoti wrasse,four latezonatus clowns,one pyjama wrasse,one bi colour blenny,five other algae eating blennies,one harp tail blenny,one red line anathias,one anemone crab,one rare cleaner shrimp,three clams,32 tube worms,three feather sea stars,two starki damsels,one lord how chromis,I forget the rest,lol.

My little tank in may.

008.jpg

In July.

tank--3.jpg

Edited by liquidg

My original plan of up to four tanks running off the NWMS,has gotten one more on it now.

As with the first one, its on the same system that enables al life to flourish, the water never needs to be changed and natures complex and diverse mechanisms that this system comprise of, is giving both tanks pristine waters now!

The latest tank is directly under the first one and has nearly all the corals from the first one chiselled and angle grinded off or just picked of as this tank is more so only inverts, very colourful inverts!

This is it as I left it last year after cutting up both tanks.

2tank-glass-pile-.jpg

This is it built and dead rock glued in.

4tank-finished-.jpg

This is it with most of my corals glued onto that rock that is glued to the glass walls of the tank.

All corals as I attach them are covered in wet tissue paper while I work on fragging most corals from the top tank down to this one.

frags-covered-while-waiting.jpg

Two weeks now from the tank glued together,the tank with nearly all corals from the top tank that I could break off and there are far tinier until their colonies expand and are very colourful inverts to go in this one!

tank-.jpg

Edited by liquidg

Both tanks running off the NWMS which means they are both moderately eutrophic.

It just went past one year with out a water change.

The invert tank all done and just watching it all grow as of September 2012

invert-tank-10-12-.jpg

The top tank is now a fish tank only with limited inverts.

fish-tank-10-12-.jpg

Liquidg you are a genius at marine tanks. I'm wanting to start a 4ft tank up with marine but still reading up on knowledge before I do it. Your tanks look unreal that's exactly what I want to do good job mate. Any tips or pointers you could pm me lol and do u live at redlandbay?

Sorry mate i just noticed this,no i live at Wellington point,which is a redlands suburb.

My tanks suffered heaps from the massive black outs,i lost power for 32 hours and it didnt go well,i lost quite a few inverts and a couple of fish,time for generator.

These weather events are going to get far more frequent over time.

Edited by liquidg

No good Lg :( Lots of tanks suffered unfortunealty. Without a geny or battery back up any tank will suffer :(

I didn’t loose much, but I lost my dotty back and a rare anthia,a part from that, not much lost really.

I was hoping to prove with the dotty backs morphing and taking pics each month or so that the information on them is wrong. There are not five species here just two and one that goes through changes as it morphs to its adult sex.

Yes I will have to get a gen with energex getting more useless.

I have wanted to change the tanks for ages as they were set up around the wrong way.

I got lazy after I cut up both tanks and decided to not put together the second tanks glass and just put all life in the one tank I made.

I got sick of that and put the other tank together, you see the invert tank was supposed to be at the top protected by the algae part of the NWMS.It has always bothered me and I had already started giving away life forms to the guys in preparation for the change over. So even though I relied on energex not being so useless, I lost my two special fish. All the life from both tanks, bar 5 corals and 4 fish that didn’t make it are in my tubes ready to go.

Two days ago I striped all my tubeworms of their tubes and put them all in the top tanks new set up of a few peices of rock. I went down to the creek this afternoon and got the rest of my rock out of the rapids that have been in there for over a week for stripping all life out and off it and cleaning it to totally bare to base rock.

Its all go for the way I wanted it in the first place.

Edited by liquidg

heres a recent pic of my roughly 6 month old 200ltr reef which has been my learner marine. It has come a long way since i first got it wet around 8 months ago. enjoy ! P.S. sorry for the low quality phone pic...

post-6585-14711629056953_thumb.jpg

post-3771-14711630158284_thumb.jpg

post-3771-14711630158461_thumb.jpg

post-3771-14711630158618_thumb.jpg

post-3771-14711630158785_thumb.jpg

Tank in progress, from start to live rock. Currently 4ish weeks old and progressing as per expected. Yet to get some proper l.e.d lighting for it, everything in progression...

Cheers, Matt :)

My original plan of up to four tanks running off the NWMS,has gotten one more on it now.

As with the first one, its on the same system that enables al life to flourish, the water never needs to be changed and natures complex and diverse mechanisms that this system comprise of, is giving both tanks pristine waters now!

The latest tank is directly under the first one and has nearly all the corals from the first one chiselled and angle grinded off or just picked of as this tank is more so only inverts, very colourful inverts!

This is it as I left it last year after cutting up both tanks.

2tank-glass-pile-.jpg

This is it built and dead rock glued in.

4tank-finished-.jpg

This is it with most of my corals glued onto that rock that is glued to the glass walls of the tank.

All corals as I attach them are covered in wet tissue paper while I work on fragging most corals from the top tank down to this one.

frags-covered-while-waiting.jpg

Two weeks now from the tank glued together,the tank with nearly all corals from the top tank that I could break off and there are far tinier until their colonies expand and are very colourful inverts to go in this one!

tank-.jpg

amazing setup mate

So here goes, picked up today, my brand new "WHITE" Redsea Max 130D from the boys at pet city at Wishart. transferring the water live rock etc from my other tank. gonna be a big day tomorrow setting this up cant wait, will post pics as i progress. post-12209-14711630731073_thumb.jpg

Limp Bizkit :lol:.

post-12209-14711630730927_thumb.jpg