bristlenosejohn

Dedicated thread to show off your Marine tanks and fish

Yeah I was thinking that myself, I might have to save up for one. Will the chiller plug in at the filter box or do you run another pump

Redsea has thought of just about everything mate with the max series, for the 130 you can run it with an external canister if you wish too, but im running a hailea 130a perfect size for the size tank, and in the filter well on the back it has a compartment for the small size pump you only need to run the chiller, a little eheim fits in snug beside the protein skimmer!! at has a bracket at the back of the filter well to connect your hosing for the chiller as well -_-

finally got my new White Redsea Max, picked it up from Petcity, anyways started to unload it check for parts etc... so i find to my demise the wrong pump in the box!! it had a 1350 lhr pump and not the twin 550 lhr pumps. got on the buzzer to petcity and they say ohhh how could that be... yeah right!! i know!!! cant get pumps to me till friday arvo from Sydney no pumps in brisbane that sux right!!. Luckily i had the secondhand pumps from the second hand rsm i got last weekend or i woulda been up **** creek. Anyways after all the bull**** i went through yesterday got this baby up and running after midnight lastnight. will do the parameters will let the transfer do its course for a week and see how my new system is running. then will frag some corals to the lr and see how it geoes then add couple clowns down the track and other corals and fish down the track. Pretty happy with my tank but jesus christ im nearly on my last limb with the missus she just about to throw me out with all the dramas so far. But hey ****happens in fish keeping looking at the big picture here with an awesome reef aquarium in my lounge room and watch it progress watch this space heres a vid of the final set up from last night.

Limp Bizkit

Mate that's a shame its a bit of a drama for you, this hobby can be done so cheaply and simply with near no deaths at all.
Mate ive spent 3 grand in 2 weeks on hardware. I just rushed in with being too eager. Should of just went custom made tank and stand with sump. Least i didnt have any livestock and will wait for the tank to reach its parameters. Wasnt really happy when starting to assemble the new tank and i didnt have the correct pumps.

Some old photos of mine from my years collecting out from Gladstone

eelnshrimp.gif

bbbeel.jpg

Love the starry reef eel - I had one that I collected a Caloundra start off at about 6cm long and ended up a smidge over 90cm before he snuffed it years later. Was sad to lose him.

Love the starry reef eel - I had one that I collected a Caloundra start off at about 6cm long and ended up a smidge over 90cm before he snuffed it years later. Was sad to lose him.

caught one a few years ago at caloundra myself, almost always had one or 2 when I kept marines

Checked my parameters no ammonia no nitrite have 5ppm nitrate cycle is nearly finished, giving it 2 more weeks to establish and then be adding some soft corals and possibly pair of clowns. Can't wait to put the corals in :)))

Picture of my 6.5ft set up. I have just sold it after almost 10 yrs. But all is good my new 10ft has been ordered so onto bigger things post-14869-14711633317759_thumb.jpg