cogs

feeding young l134s

i just got some l134s to days ago and they are not eating what should i be feeding or should i just let them settle in for a few days they are in a 4x2x2 buy themselves and haven't moved much at all am i just stressing

Obviously you have not read the Peckoltia compta L134 dietary specification Dave. They are not true carnivores at all, they are omnivores meaning they eat a bit of everything.

Many times in the past I have listened to ppl say oh yes plecs are carnivores so I fed a lovely meaty diet and my plecs paid the price of it with their lives when they died of bloat.

Edited by Brengun
spellin

I feed mine exclusively a carnivorous diet and i have regular breeders with no signs of bloat for over 6 years !!!!

Go figure !

This was information i was given by another breeder of these guys and it has not let me down yet, not from an anonymous forum or the like, real world experience is the only thing i believe in.

Dave

hey all ,all good but some have nearly doubled in size is this and taken up small caves in driftwood i have drilled, is this a early sign of sexing? feeding carivore,carrot,and ever present zuccini and a pawn and pea mix that smiths sells