the German

diy purigen recharge 25min( pics)

iv heard people say that it takes them 2-4 days to recharge and i was shocked so i wanted to share with every one how i recharge my purigen it only takes 25min and its snow white there is some things you will need and build that you can keep for ever and get them out when you need to do a recharge.so ill try my best to enplane as i go .

the first thing you need is a standard household beaters (you can buy some or do what i did and steal your wife's be warned that you will cop a ear full :P)then 1 small bucket that the beaters fit in and reach the bottom of the bucket then make a stand that fits over the bucket and tye the beaters on .

recharge001.jpg

recharge002.jpg

recharge003.jpg

Good idea if you're pushed for a spare batch. being a lazy b@stard I have twice the amount that I need and nothing could be easier than tipping it in a bucket and leaving it to soak in bleach

this is after 15 mins and about 2 stops to get foam of the top

recharge011.jpg

recharge016.jpg

this is what you end up with

recharge014.jpg

then rinse withe water a few times and then with something to remove the bleach some use prime but i fine this is to expensive and just use api tap water conditioner and it works well then its back in the tank in about 40 min

hope this helps some of you

steve

bidkev- iv got about 10l of the stuff and only clean it when i need to.its quick and easy and if i store it i put it in a sealed container with some dechlorinate like the stuff i rinse it in

Im wondering instead of using prime or another brand of chlorine neutraliser if you could use the swimming pool de-clorinator crystal which are as cheap as to buy ?

I have actually always found it bleaches fast but took days soaking with declorinator to get the smell of bleach out. If I added to tank before smell gone, caused issues, so that was what signals safe to use again to me.

Anyone have more effective way to remove the bleach, maybe beaters in the fresh rinse?

Could you use a couple of airstones instead of the beaters?

So I tried it this week Mick with a air stone . After 5 days I gave up,yes it did work to a extent but did give up with all the waiting ,the beaters still kick butt,did 4l this morning In 20 min from black to snow white .carn't bet that!

i use a power head 50/50 bleach water mix leave the purigen in the bag turn it on 15-20 mins later done rinse de-chlor back in the tank with in an hour at most

400 lph power head all done in a 10ltr bucket thats got no more than 3-4 ltrs of water in it if i even use that much mix