IME;

All fish are different. Youll get some that are fine like my barras together etc.. And then some that are complete *******s. I think because ive had all my fish since 4/5 cm-ish that helped them in the way they are together which is perfectly fine. Togas are pretty mellow so I would think growing from small they will be fine when bigger.

And that size tank wouldnt house even 1 full grown toga. The lengths awesome but They need width as well. But I think you could have 4 safely at 40-50cm I would think. Maybe 6-8 til 30-40cm.

Did you want a toga only tank?

my 50cms + toga can turn around in the space of 4 inchs there like a snake, togas are very aggresive towards there own kind with leis being the less aggresive, and jars well they can kill everything overnight, id also recommend a school of dithers as togas are easy to spook my school of sd's really helped alot

forgot to mention if it where me id go with 4/5 in a 10x2 to spread the agression and 10mm+ lids

attachment.php?attachmentid=651282&d=1264311658

Edited by Syndicate

Not a crash hot idea to begin I think bud...

The only way we have kept a lot together was in a large tub/tank half full with toooooooooonnes of elodea & plants & still then its not crash hot.

I have always found leis way more argo than jar's.....

Jardinii are pretty much the most agressive scleropages you can get. Never had a Lei but go check out a toga forum or MonsterFishKeepers.

As they get older they get seriously territorial especially towards other fish in the upper water column.

How many can you keep in a 8x2x2? simple answer is one.

How many can you start with? as many as you like/can afford/have the time to rescue them one by one before they get killed by their tank mates.

How long can you keep them together ? this is variable, siblings will last the longest maybe 4 years with Leis maybe 2 with Jars.

Though even with sibs they may start the sizing each other up ritual at 100mm.

I know you had 3 sibs Syn now there is one.

Not from fighting but one cut his head on the top and the other well that's still a mystery found him on top off closed lids :/ they Had there hierarchy worked out and had little blues here and there never anything serious maybe a torn fin or a missing scale here or there

Tank mates are trial and error and dependent on individual fish. Inoffensive and inedible bottom dwellers a good start , like schools of cheap small fish myself, anything that nips and annoys may not last long lol.

about 3 years they where 46 and 54 cms, two where siblings the other my first i got when he was tiny, introduced them at about 25/30cms with the 2 new ones at about 20.

they where always scared of the barra and use to school together for comfort which i think helped them bond together a bit, also none off the 3 would eat / attack small fish very peaceful towards tank mate's

If you were chasing cleanup cattys then tandanus are great. I have 3 and they get along great together, And with the barra archers and ray as well..

If I had the tank personally It would be a MASSIVE archer tank. Imagine all the banks you can buildup each end with a semi circle island towards the middle with plants and everything through it. Branches throughout with hanging air plants etc..

my 60cm Jardini & 30 cm tandanus & 2 30cm plecos live happily in my 6x3x2 with half dozen bristlenose & dont seem to get in each others way, the tandanus is like the togas pet dog swims around with him sometimes, looks hilarious...