trk18

My frustrating festea pair any ideas ?

Hi guys

So I have this beautifull pair living together in a 6ft , the girls been really fat a couple of times in the last 6 months. Pop home today to find her laying eggs in the pot at one end of the tank while the male Is down the other end doing jack! Lol

So eggs won't be fertalised again ! What to do they get on good hardley ever damage each other & I have only had to divide them once before.

Got them quite young they would be about 2 years old and are around the 20cm mark each. Do they just need more time ?

Welcome your thoughts !

Thanks

Trev

Def male & female, had 4 in the tank at one stage and these two paired up & started to bash the other ones all from differnt bloodlines to my knowledge been together on there own for a while now they haven't just been chucked in with each other if that's what you mean. He shows intrest but dosent seem to go in the pot ?

Mine matured at 10cms. had trouble at first as she laid in a pipe and he wouldn't go in. I'd remove the pot after this batch and see if she lays on slate or put a bigger pot in that they can both fit without being cramped.

That makes sence will lose the pot allready have a big saucer in there & slate too. Cheers

Give them 2 or 3 places to breed

Pot slate and large PVC tube

Also a large dither would help

But watch It's not killed

Male needs to have something

To bother them so he mans up

FJ

Thanks for that already at least 3-4 spots PVC, slate,nice big smooth flat rock & nice piece of flat drift wood. Thinking the pot was too small so losing that u reckon a 25-30cm Oscar ?