Pet_City

Some interesting Goldies

ha ha...very nice...I was in your store looking at these guys....you might be able to spot me sometime...Im probably the only guy that watches goldfish for a good 15 minutes(at least!) watching from different angles to check finnage etc....that calico ranchu guy had me intrigued..I couldnt pick him(breeding wise)..size wise....china always prodice big..thai guys do produce them but not on the scale of the chinese...but his body shape was good for something so big espeacially the back curve going into the tail(but wasnt so keen on the little dent in his back just from a breeding point of view but you cant hate at that size).....little black guy..thai to the bank..I grabbed two of these guys and 5 of your little fantails(alot of good quality little guys)...potential ryukins and some nice calicos...had my eye on a nice calico oranda and nice orange and black oranda too..with the balck lipstick ;) think its that one in your pic there...the blue was nice too but Im way too critical when it comes to goldfish selection so will shut up...but if i was a betting man...i'd say the calico ranchu is chinese based on tail size and overall body size...and the orange and white ranchu was thai based on smaller tail fin....but could be wrong....or are you bluffing!..ha ha..are they both chinese :)

yeah hes a good fish too...overall body and finnage wise..a winner..prices are great too Kai have to say..nice work....might be back to grab a few of those orandas too ;)

tru tru...

what type of goldie is he? (please forgive me i'm a noob when it comes to goldies, comets are about the only ones i really know lol)

super goby you need some pics up of that white headed oranda...hes an awesome fish...but I guess then you might sell him..ha ha :) Im a little curious about the age of these guys...its the only problem breeding wise when they are supersized....goldies are at the top of their game for about 3-4 yrs breeding wise...and with the potential to live over 20 years...as a breeder you want to take full advantage of the bang bang boogey years.... ;)

yep we usually have butterfly tails in store.

Most the panda are usually butterflys for example

little fantails

lol I love nothing more than looking thru a whole batch of fantails for one perfect one.

Spotted a suave jinkin looking one

totally white, but full red fins and red lipstick

but it SOLD before I got a chance to pick it out.

devo'd!

ah well thats the way the cookie crumbles

we cant be cherry picking out our faves before the customers even get a look at them!

Its also good to know that someone else shares my taste in goldys

I may not be a 14th generation goldfish grader......

but I can pick a good looking goldy!

they are a real nice batch you got in at the moment Donny...as you'd know even a common little fantail with nice finnage/good shape will grow into a beautiful fish...cheap price doesnt mean cheap fish...its just because they are young and people have to do the hard work(not really if you know how to do basic fish care)....I regularly spot little ryukins in the mix:)...and less often the odd little oranda too:)

I regularly spot little ryukins in the mix...and less often the odd little oranda too

yep, its like spotting a longfin bristlenose in amongst a heap of commons!

love those little bonuses.

bit scared of the ryukins as I had one of those "1 in a ten thousand" psychos in the form of a ryukin a while back.

I mean the random "1 in ten thousand" can be any type of fish

but wow he was just such a jerk

even to comets 3 times his size

I found him a good home

by himself

in an old ladies living room.

never seen anything like it hey.

yep, its like spotting a longfin bristlenose in amongst a heap of commons!

love those little bonuses.

bit scared of the ryukins as I had one of those "1 in a ten thousand" psychos in the form of a ryukin a while back.

I mean the random "1 in ten thousand" can be any type of fish

but wow he was just such a jerk

even to comets 3 times his size

I found him a good home

by himself

in an old ladies living room.

never seen anything like it hey.

funny hey...must be a personality trait...for such a quiet fish Ive noticed you get the odd full on bully...Ive mainly noticed it with ryukins...they seem to get a domination thing going on...I've got one that tries to run the other fish away from the food...thought he was trying to get some love til I saw him chasing a male...and only at feed time..

Gotta say that oranda are my homeboys.

never felt the same way about ranchus.

but ya

me and oranda

we got history.

It is educational to see how big a mature goldfish actually is.

Most people have no idea just how big a fancy can get.

Hence why we reccomend larger tanks

than most people expect us too.

means ya dont have to work as hard to waterchange.

ha ha...Ive always been rollin with the ranchu...so much work to get really decent ones and its never mastered(I guess which fancy strain is??)... any decent fancy goldy are a pain breeding wise and awesome to see full grown...but yeah if you like having to inspect EVERY individual fry up close and as soon as its possible(sucker for punishment in other words)...then breed fancy goldies....workin on some super Oranda you might dig too Donny so I'll show some pics when ready ;)

Just curious Donny..what was the female?...personally i would try to breed a great panda male with an all black female or all white female...recessive colours...and yep you would probably still get some tri colours which could also eventually end up all orange...ha ha...I love working with the calicos...as they produce a mixed bag of lollies everytime...calico with a panda could produce some magic...good thing about calico..is you already have some recessive colour genes in place but they are stable...I personally have never seen a calico(full calico not a tri colour or 2 colour) turn full orange.....

Just curious Donny..what was the female?...personally i would try to breed a great panda male with an all black female or all white female...recessive colours...and yep you would probably still get some tri colours which could also eventually end up all orange...ha ha...I love working with the calicos...as they produce a mixed bag of lollies everytime...calico with a panda could produce some magic...good thing about calico..is you already have some recessive colour genes in place but they are stable...I personally have never seen a calico(full calico not a tri colour or 2 colour) turn full orange.....

I tried with many different females

but my main was a white oranda girl.

Not sure what it was about her but her eggs had an excellent hatch rate.

I get a bit emotional about black goldfish, as I have had so many turn gold

even after 4 YEARS OF BEING BLACK!!!!!

The most reliable way I have found is looking at the belly scales for any sign of bronze

but even this lets me down

the yellow/gold gene

is a formidable foe to try conquer in a line breeding operation

I went in there today to have a look at the fish, they were all so impressive. I wanted to get one but the shop was so busy I left after half an hour.

My boyfriend loved the ray, he asked if we could get one (LOL).

awwwwwwwww...........

:(

we had a busy rush there but then it was pretty cruisy.

Next time say g'day!!!!!!!!!!!!

always good to meet forum people

especially goldy fans

we are an elite crew :D