masone

Going prices for pbass and flagtails?

Decommissioning the pool over the next week, I like bbq's and pool parties more than I like battling toads for control of the pool pond. So I have three breeding pairs of cichla ocellaris plus one extra and two good sized yellow flagtails I will be selling plus pbass fry about 5cm. What's a reasonable price for these guys? Bought the bass from Melbourne last year for 45 each at 1". Bass are all in the 25cm range I would say, hard to gauge cos they have 60k litres to zoom around in. Flaggies bout same size.

People have been asking for "Offers over $100 Each" For bass that size lately. And the fry have been gong for $25-40 that size I think.. There will be alot of interest on them but the problem is you being so far away from brisbane which is where most people are.. Will you be willing to ship them? Or travel to brisbane for 1 big offload?

Will probably try and offload locally (cairns-townsville), not really interested in shipping them and only go to Bris for work. Will probably hold back one pair for the display tank and ensure we have a ready supply of occies in Cairns, only a few monocs around here.

Proof enough they are proven pairs? :) As for true ocels...I will have to get pics when I catch em out, these were the original ones for sale last year when dude lost most of the fry, never saw the parents but think someone posted pics up in a for sale thread with a later batch? Bought as ocels, happy to be corrected.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Not really about the money, sure I wqould like some sort of return on the cost of feeding these guys but at the end of the day I really just want to see the pairs go to people who will keep breeding them so they stay in the hobby. With "imports" of exotics being few and far between these days and things only going to get worse on the legislative front with restrictions this is more important than making a quick buck imo.

Masone "Thats what planes are for" I know many of us are nuts about fish, but I'm pretty sure planes were invented for something other than picking up and delivering fish... Haha :)

Lies! I swear I read the Wright Bros started because they were sick of waiting months for fish to arrive by ship.

Masone "Thats what planes are for" I know many of us are nuts about fish, but I'm pretty sure planes were invented for something other than picking up and delivering fish... Haha :)

actually thats not true.

every heard of the LZ-129?

it delivered the first neon tetras to the USA.

Of course it then burst into a horrific ball of horror and death.

Which set the standard for most neon tetra imports from then on.