Barefootexplorer

Benthochromis tricoti juvies & Cyathopharynx foai "Katoto" Blue

Had a day off on friday due to all the rain so on an impulse i decided to drive up to brissy and have a look around the fish shops. Unfortunately i didn't get away until lunchtime which only gave me a couple of hrs to play with. A quick read through some old threads gave me a few good leads

2 & 1/2hrs later I was checking out some Featherfins at Smith's! Some very nice fish in there, I wasn't prepared for the WC Nasuta Gold !!! Lovely group of 8 or so Adults but at $300 ea they were a bit out of my league atm. Never say never though!:egrin:

I also found a stunning young group of German bred C. Foai "Katoto" , a relatively new import here in Oz! Took the group of 5, looks to be 3M 2F but a bit hard to tell yet. ****py phone, dirty glass, poor lighting etc... but you get the idea. I'll take some better shots in a week or so after they settle in.

C. Foai ;

After that I called in to see DFF at Pet City on my way home. Great Bloke, outstanding service,had a yarn, looked around the store, Laughed at the $1000 shrimp :egrin: and came away with 5 Tricoti Juvies!!! So stoked!!! Only 5-7cms or so atm but settling well and smashing the 1mm NLS this morning!! Always a good sign!!

B. Tricoti ;

Cheers

Jus

:D

Mate I am sooooooooooo jealous!

Good to hear they are eating well for you.

Look forward to seeing more pictures as they grow.

Problem now is that there are still 5 left.

And I have just invested in 3 new systems

which means I have space kinda

but -$

dammit lol

Thanks Donny , they have settled in well and are eating like Champions!

They are sharing a 6ft'er with a batch of b/n fry and are looking mighty small and lonely atm lol....

Keep your eye on those others for me, I've just advertised my left kidney on Craigslist. If it sells I may be back for the others!:egrin:

Cheers

Yeh mine have built a huge crater out of all the gravel it stands 1ft high .and iv found that if that are by them self thay breed a bit beter .and don't destroy the crater or the male will spend all his time building it again and not paying attention to the girls

here are some pics from about 1 month ago of the hole that the male started to build .my lady's are holding atm and don't whant to spook them so its bigger now.the black and white gravel is hard to see but you get the idea

koto003.jpg

koto016.jpg

and my male you really have to appreciate them when thay are breeding and in colour

koto009.jpg

here are some pics from about 1 month ago of the hole that the male started to build .my lady's are holding atm and don't whant to spook them so its bigger now.the black and white gravel is hard to see but you get the idea

Great pic's mate, have they spat the fry yet?

I've got one 5 days in so far and looking promising!:egrin:

They are doing well considering where they are! I can't imagine they would be having an easy time breeding with the fronts hanging around .:(

Gotta get some more tanks!

Cheers

Hope if holds for ya .mine are still a bit hit and miss .only got 10 fry from the last two females thay have been spiting at about 12-15 day and if I'm not fast you miss them .so I'm going to try to pull the females out of the tank and move them to a tank of there own,see what happens then .but there still young fish so not to upset yet at least there breeding.

Steve