Barmy

Jag stopped eating after being moved.

Hey everyone, I've got a 30cm Jag that I've had for a while now, recently I changed my setup around and put him in a new tank, and ever since the move he hasn't been eating. He used to love Hikari Cichlid Gold pellets, he'd practically jump out of the water to snatch them out of my hand, but now he just looks at them for a bit and ignores them.

The day after the change I added a smaller female Jag to his tank as well, I haven't seen her eat yet either but that's mainly because she hides in her log whenever I come by.

All the other fish in the setup are eating fine, including a heap of young Synspilum fry who I figured would have gone first if there was something wrong with my water (all readings 0 and low Nitrate, by the way).

At first I though that both of them might just be sulking about being moved, but it's been two weeks now so I'm getting a bit sketchy. He's showing no other signs of unusual behaviour, and he's more active now than ever defending his territory now he's got a girl to look after.

Any advice how to get them both interested in food again would be appreciated.

Alright, I'll keep an eye on it then. They've both been doing the dance lately and they've both "cleaned" the tank by moving nearly all the gravel into a pile in one corner so here's hoping they're not too far off.