Daharkazangel

YOUR partners and YOUR tanks

Just wanting to start a discussion on hubbys and misses" and tanks.

Ok my partner doesn't hate my tanks but he dislikes my fascination with them from time to time. Like my one or twice weekly ritual water changes lol, he also hates the cash I spend on them but he loves me so I can :P He barely looks at my tanks yet I literally spend hours watching them. I love fish but he just doesn't get it. Good thing I feel in love with him before fish haha!! Jks

How do you guys cope with your no fish crazy partners??

We are in the same industry so it was only natural :)

I think the worst is when you are in the dating stage and you let them know your fishy interest. Then they go I have a fish tank too! You are excited - and then the first time you see the tank and it is a bn, 2 guppies, 2 neon tetras, a skinny oval discus and a native glass perchlet and a comet. Then you have to do the fake big smile and go "oh wow, I like what you did there". (Inside your head, you're cringing - don't ask me about it, please don't ask for advice!)

My partner likes the fish, but he wants a marine tank and he doesn't realize how much hard work it would be to start up and the costs involved.

I just have one egg (goldfish) at the moment who he likes to watch. He hates going to pet stores, I went to Pet City today and I could have spent a good two hours there and after 15 minutes he wanted out.

My partner likes the fish, but he wants a marine tank and he doesn't realize how much hard work it would be to start up and the costs involved.

I just have one egg (goldfish) at the moment who he likes to watch. He hates going to pet stores, I went to Pet City today and I could have spent a good two hours there and after 15 minutes he wanted out.

We see that a lot. I'm always begging the owners to let me put in a couch for those who don't care while their partner has a look. One of our best marine customer has a partner that hates coming in, so he likes to chill out the doggy beds for some facebook time while the other shops. I so want that couch!

i was into fish before my partner and i started dating, he was big into fish too

we both fight for tank space and both have the same interest in fish, i think we have a great fish loving relationship :)

One that will probably last too :) Some of my best nights are when me and my babe both realise the TV is on, but we are watching the fish and having a snuggle. Oh ok, I'll admit it, my man is the best ;)

My wife is of the "I am not into fish, but because I love you I will tolerate your seeming obsession with them" brigade. I've learned to compromise and do all the major water changes, tank re-scapes, fish additions etc etc at times when she's not home (usually when I'm on RDO's and she is at work).

Having said that, she really likes the 8ft tank now that it's established with active fish swimming around. Many evenings we sit on the couch in front of the tank with some music on, sharing a bottle of wine and enjoying each others company instead of the ****py TV. :)

hahah my ex hated my fishtank but i when i got my AR850 from the lovley guys from Pet City, he wanted to put GOLDFISH in :o but my new boyfriend is kind of wondering why i am buying some more big tanks when i have to move temporaily for a few months before we move intogether and i told him we have to get a place that i can setup a few fish tanks haha ( and i will be getting his dad to build me some stands and hoods) :D

My misses sometimes takes an interest in my tanks.She will stand there looking intently at the tank and will say hey that fish is new when did you get that and how much was it.And i reply ohh had that for ages.That is why i like catties cause they are hard to spot.

I love the fact my Mrs likes fish, except for the fact she has better taste than me.... aka likes the more fancy pant$ stuff.

We still have one of the fish I sold to her before we started dating.

Was a bit rough tho.....

I am after all supposedly the proper "fish guy"

and I have made "mistakes" with her tanks before.

which can add a bit of strain to the relationship.

I once setup something like a divided 20 fighter fish setup

using a heavily planted 4 foot tank as a sump

massively over filtered

perfectly heated

Just a beautiful setup

truely a nice gesture

and I am sure the fighters appreciated not being in their seperate bowls

.......until one of them developed an external bacterial infection

that I thought I had totally healed

but yea relapsed

and then spread

to all of them.

BOOM 20 fancy betta dead

happy birthday honey............

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of the day though

she gave me the go ahead to put in a new 3 footer rack

and then a new 6 footer rack

AND THEN a new 8 footer rack

so yea

she is pretty awesome

but...... our baby....... she has no choice in the matter

like it or not

she will like fish.

its like written in texas holey rock or something!

She had her first tank at 1 week of age!

started her off with a 1 footer as a night light.

hopefully we can increase the tank size by 1 foot each year!

My partner is awesome, she likes my tanks but is not a fish nut. I get to choose everything that goes in the tanks :) She also calls me to tell me she found an aquarium on sale or a swimming pool which would be suitable for fish, and often asks if i want to get another tank :)

To me true love is not about compromising, its about complimenting :)

I bought my partner two new Pandora

charms today so I can go in as many

aquarium shops as I like without that

CAN WE GO NOW speech for a while

FJ

lol same here fJ but Tiffany & co twice a year does the trick a bit expensive but !