bidkev

They're blue again

They're in the tank made from seconds glass which is why the pics are hazy.

They've knocked each other about a bit her flanks and nose, but finally kissed and made up and are ready to make babies.

A few pics to show their changes in colour

texa0033.jpg

texa0031.jpg

texa0029.jpg

texa0028.jpg

the ones i got from you are big enough to breed now kev, and did get 1 spawn, but the tank mates ate them, i'm having trouble getting a pair seperated into their own tank, i must keep catching the wrong one, lol,

do both parents go really black, or just 1, maybe i have all the f/ms in one tank and all the males in the other 2 tanks, lol,

the ones i got from you are big enough to breed now kev, and did get 1 spawn, but the tank mates ate them, i'm having trouble getting a pair seperated into their own tank, i must keep catching the wrong one, lol,

do both parents go really black, or just 1, maybe i have all the f/ms in one tank and all the males in the other 2 tanks, lol,

My female colours up more than the male mate. The male is deeper in the body..................look at the fish with the red nose where they've been jaw locking that's the female..............you can see that there is a dark patch in the dorsal. Also..........and you can sex most American cichlids by this, but you need a good eye (I got mine from noticing detail in photography)...............the ones of the female with the red nose............it's a straight line from her forehead to her nose.............pic number 1 and 3 the fish in the foreground is male.............see the slight concave slope from forehead to nose..............most noticeable in pic 4................also a sure fire way to sex the fish most have difficulty with.........marble fennys.

i really love the look of these fish :) one day when i buy a house hopefully and then can have some more tanks i want tanks n fish like yours kev! i want some of these ones, oscars and those festae ones....theyre all so lovely looking :D