briztoon

Post Caboolture Auction

So what did everyone get?

Did you get a bargin? or did you think the guy you were bidding against should have stopped bidding earlier, as there were multiple bags and the each of you only wanted one and you could of had the fish for a few dollars less.

Me, well I thought about buying some plants and glass shrimp, but didn't. So all I ended up buying was a burger and a coke.

See ya'all at the next one.

I thought the auction was good. there were a lot less people this time and i found not many people were buying. I got some albino bristlenose and a male leptosoma. My dad got some acei and demasoni. Everyone must be worried about spending.

Picked up 8 Corydoras panda for $40. Not as cheap as I would have liked but still a decent price.

Saw a handful of people I'd met before like Ed, Stace, Roo, Phil, Pete (smiley) etc. but didn't get a chance to chat with anyone before we had to leave. Hopefully will next auction.

I was an auction virgin on the night. Had a blast - was there with my son Squirt (who was looking for geos - he wasn't lucky)

Loved the killies that came out at the end -(Or maybe hated as now gotta figure out what to do with nothos - price was just too good so had to have a bid then no-one else bid on them - they are brilliant but I have experimented with the peat thing in a bucket and made a huge mess) Reckon that was the best of the night in my books when they came out. I was counting on more than 1 bag on the rocket killies but :(

Saw the discus sold for on the night (guy in front of me grabbed some) and they were absolutely brilliant.

Was meant to get africans cichlids for the wife - 1 bag had african cichlids in it - didn't help me when I got home with two bags of borelie as the big burly runner threatened me with physical harm if I didn't buy them - well that is what I told Mym and I will thank you all to go along with that.

Prices are a funny thing - I never knew duckweed was worth anything :twisted: Some things seemed dirt cheap and other things expensive (prices people pay for pooping infusoria eating pigeons with fins amazes me) Plants seemed to go higher than I thought - africans seemed cheap and then dirt cheap at the end.

Loved the life and passion that some of the auctioneers brought on stage - twas almost as good for the comedy due on the stage at times as the auction.

I will be back.

Steve

there were a few bargins to be had,

i thought that i was going to be in for the long haul the way things kicked off, but as soon as they started "speeding things up" it started to pick up,

i didnt really see anything that caught my eye, i got a few brichardi and that was it, so it was a cheap night on my wallet... :lafhard:

paul

overall it wasnt a bad night a bit slow cause there wasnt a heap of people there bidding i did ok

i got 4 orange spots b/n cheep as as they were advertised as commons

also got some green snakeskin guppies redfin kadango and some ob trewavasae

so all in all i think the night was good hope there is a few more at next months auctions

Well I didn't need anything but ended up with 4 white clouds for my water tank, 5 young e/blues to grow up for some new blood in my colonyand 4 Acei Tanzania. Left before the end but spotted a few people I knew. I was sitting near Roo. I draged him along lol

I didn't make it to this one, but i understand the next one is in Brisbane.

so ill make it to that one for sure.

im still an auction virgin, but things are set too change.

Out of curiousty was there many amercian fish at the auction

or any breeding pairs or colony's of any fish?

ended alot earlier than last one i went to

still a good nite

i got a 2ft tank, possible pair of fire fin comps, and plants and filter wool

dad got 2 pepps 4 o/spots, 2 common longfins and a cory steriba ( dnt know spelling)

didnt get my soles this time dam. will be at the next 2 :)

Well was a first time for me, had loads of fun even though i didnt get anything. Was waiting for some americans but there were none :( but still had a good time and cant wait for the next one (hopefully there will be some americans :D ).

I spent a whopping $19 :lol::lol::lol:

3 bags of elodae - tropheus food

3 sponge filters for internals

I will try better next month!!

Look forward to auctions until the morning of them, then wake up and have to bag stuff up for hours :sob:

Will definately try and mingle more next auction.

The only americans i seen were the dwarfs could have been more.

Stace