Well its seems after adding some driftwood & plants I have picked up some worms in a couple of my tanks.

First ones I am pretty sure are leeches which are crawling on glass.

Second ones I think may be Nematodes as they are small hair like white worms 5-10mm long very thin & they swim in the water like snakes.

I tried treating water with Big L Pig & Poultry but has had no effect on either.

I am guessing its going to be full strip downs & potassium permanganate. Any idea what dosage because I would assume its going to be treating everything. Tanks are run on sponge filters which were only new so will they need to be thrown?. Fortunately there are very few fish in the affected tanks but I don't want a spread to all of my tanks.

Can you try posting some pictures of the worms?

I think that with most worming treatments you do have to repeat the dose after three days..? Not sure.

The sponge filters might have some good bacteria in them so I wouldn't throw them away just yet, see what all the smart people have to say :rolleyes:

grrr i hate those darn leeches...h, very small, kinda clear bland colour and the move very quick...can anyone tell me where they come from or if they are harmful to fish, haven't found any since moving house, hopefully after cleaning out the tanks prior to the move i got rid of them

Nematodes are only free swimming for a microsecond of their lifecycle. If dosed correctly the levamisole would have taken care of it. I would suspect something else, because worms that are harmful to fish don't usually have a free swimming stage that you can actually see for long periods of time.

Try copper - Ichonex or Cupramine ideally. Snails, leechs, planaria, they HATE copper. Thats how I kill the argulus that gets pulled off big fishes - make sure they are DEAD so nothing escapes into the waterways knowingly! Just make sure you don't have any copper sensitive fishies.

I doubt a full strip down would be necessary or in your best interest if your fish aren't having problems, if it were me I would Cu first, then full strip down as my final strike