blade87

should i??????

Don't know about third and fourth but yea Second is back to mum or dad.. Depends after that what is needed I guess. I'm not saying it isn't done and not to do it? Im saying lots of people would like to think it doesn't happen and that those that do do it, do it for certain traits or reasons.. Didn't mean to offend you blade? Sorry mate

That's the 1 thing I hate about Flowerhorns, the culling, with pure species you don't have to cull, they are all (most of the time) quality.

All species have deformitys? Ever heard of natural selection? Even if you are breeding "pure species" you still need to cull gill, fin and body deformitys?

All species have deformitys? Ever heard of natural selection? Even if you are breeding "pure species" you still need to cull gill, fin and body deformitys?

Yeah, I know, but with FH as Blade has said, you do need to cull a huge amount, you might only get a few that are nice enough to keep, it's kinda like, "Oh, you're not nice enough looking to keep, guess you'll have to die, soz"

With pures, it's almost the opposite, you kill them if they are deformed or can't swim properly etc, not because of their look.

Honestly, I don't care if you kill a $70000 fish as long as it's death has a meaning other than fun or aesthetic pleasure for us.

Feeding them to other fish is a good way of doing they are actually serving another purpose other than just dying for no reason.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I think culling comes down to the person breeding the fish. For instance i prefer pearls over script, so i tend to keep more with excellent pearls, with script being my 2nd choice. Whereas some prefer colour, shape, kok etc as personal preference or all of the above. Yes we all aim for something spectacular which makes hybrids imo fascinating to keep and breed. I think you should do whatever you want to honestly as they are your fish and who knows, you may even better the stock you have now from this outcome, goodluck :)

I think culling comes down to the person breeding the fish. For instance i prefer pearls over script, so i tend to keep more with excellent pearls, with script being my 2nd choice. Whereas some prefer colour, shape, kok etc as personal preference or all of the above. Yes we all aim for something spectacular which makes hybrids imo fascinating to keep and breed. I think you should do whatever you want to honestly as they are your fish and who knows, you may even better the stock you have now from this outcome, goodluck :)

yes, you have a "plan" and know what it is you wanna produce. sadly some noobs to the cause think fh means "licence to print moolah" and will often have catch phrases like "gene carrier" or "kok is about to pop" etc. look at it this way breed for what it is you personally want and if ya cant sell any......well thats awesome cause you were breeding for yourself anyways :lol: the other course is mass produce and sell all with catch phrases and end up with a bad rep. sad but true fact :)

very tru there tuffy i breed em coz its the best way to get good quality fh

spot on, cull the **** and improve the market place. when ppl flood with **** noobs buy **** and breed and produce more ****. a vicious cycle that dont seem to have a large base in the asian producing countries hence the quality over there ****ping all over ours ;)

wow cr@p gets censored? ah well :lol: