hey guys

my K1 media came in the post today!

can wait to get it set up, have to wait to move house before i have a tank all set up,

i am trying to find a way of concealing it, not going to be easy -.-

going to be stocking a dwarf american pair with some tetras. This will be my

primary filtration, if i cannot conceal it though i will sell the media and the moving bed chamber i have created! or just keep it :P

Well I will be able to test this out and let you all know of its benefits, without someone giving you a sales talk, ut so far I know that it is amazing with larger fish that take larger feeds and helps keep ammonia levels down amazingly. This cost me $25 for 1 liter posted, it is from the UK so took roughly 15 days

Or u can get it from AOA for $195 for 50L plus 10%.

if you are keen and shop around, get a price match and 10% discount.

Got a price match by AOA and a fraction of the original price.

Can't tell you where coz moderators will delete my post for telling u where to get things cheaper

Or u can get it from AOA for $195 for 50L plus 10%.

if you are keen and shop around, get a price match and 10% discount.

Got a price match by AOA and a fraction of the original price.

Can't tell you where coz moderators will delete my post for telling u where to get things cheaper

God forbid that we want to help fellow fish keepers save a bit of dosh.

Some may call me tight but I call me smart, lol (I realise the wording of that sentence does not back the smart comment up)

I run K1 on my system and have never had a bad reading

What do you mean by concealed??? Just paint your holder black with aqua safe paint and it won't be so noticable

This is the cheapest I found when I got mine and got AOA to match so it worked out to $135 for 50L

KALDNESS K1 FILTER MEDIA POND KOI FISH | eBay

Here is my set up, It has 25L of K1 in the moving bed section.

Runs 9 x 2x40x40, Bit of over kill on the sump but I did that so I can add tanks with no drama.

Edited by DVS969

Well I will be able to test this out and let you all know of its benefits

IMO I doubt you will see much measurable benefits, your stocking of a few dwarfs & some tetra's is hardly a huge bio laod.

dvs969 is that all the 50l i like i may have to do something like that for my as a extra on my sump what size air pump are you running

Na just 25L mate, Me and a mate went halves in the 50L, But I do think I could do with another 10L or so in there to fill some gaps.

Running a 5000L Eden pump. Great pump too, Only 4W more than Ehiem with same head height and $100 less

Edited by DVS969

I was told if you have 50 L of K1 you put it in a hundred liter section of your sump. It cleans itself by the constant moving.

So when I add it to my Mega-o-sump Marty I will be adding a big air stone in the bottom to keep any dead spots moving.

I don't think you would have to make a full box for it but just have to stop it from getting out of the sump section.

I have just been wondering where to put it.

Whether to put it in the first section so it gets a fair bit of movement from the water flowing in.

Or in the second section.

Would be good to know if you use it where exactly in your sump you have it.

=)

IMO I doubt you will see much measurable benefits, your stocking of a few dwarfs & some tetra's is hardly a huge bio laod.

Make sure you do your homework. It is not just as simple as buy a heap and just chuck it in. Keep in mind that it feeds so if the load is not enough it also starves dies others eat it but the colony does not get as big so it can not populate the media as much as it should. It is constantly feeding...